Haggis

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirem

Reaction score
I am co-organising an alternative food night to coincide with a grower/winemaker relations evening.

I am going to attempt a Haggis, living in a rural area, I don't have a problem getting hold of lamb liver, lungs and heart and a stomach.

I haven't made one before, I have eaten them and I do really like the taste.

Any tips from anyone that knows anything about making them.

There are plenty of tips and info on the web and videos on youtube, but any tips for new players?

No but don't forget the neeps and tatties.

and I forgot a good dram of Single Malt preferably from Islay.

I was in Woolies today rustling up some beef cheeks and see they have lamb liver and lamb hearts. I don't know about the lungs though, maybe you could sub some chicken livers or something, and the stomach is going to be the big stumbling block - maybe some of our sausage making fraternity could suggest a suitable membrane, after all some of those sausages like bockwurst are pretty massive. The main taste component is the oatmeal, pepper etc - the one I had in Edinburgh a few years ago was quite peppery.

How did the haggis go Kirem?

Oh man. I fell in love with Haggis (with Neeps and Tatties) on a recent trip to Scotland. Would love to make my own...not that anyone else would eat it! :p

Back