Kegerator Time

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UsernameTaken

Reaction score
Ok, it's time. Out with the picnic taps and in with the Perlick SS flow control taps.

But I am a little scared I am going to **** it all up cause I am not a very experienced tool guy.

It's a pretty regular (no freezer) fridge and I plan to install 3 taps.

I am looking at youtube videos and some people mount them on timber inside the door and others just mount them into the door?

Then some people go nuts with the silastic and others use none?

So, any tips greatly appreciated?

Cheers,
UNT

1. Get the correct size hole saw (take the shanks with you to the hardware)

2, Measure three times

3. Measure across the top of the door for center, then use a square to mark down the door. Rounded edges and the curve of the outside of the door always throws things out.

4. Taps don't need more than 100mm spacing (centers)

5. you can bolt up to the plastic inside the door but I found a decent size washer helped to steady things up. (get these when you have the shanks with you at the hardware)

Thanks MJ, that's some good practical advice I can follow and apply!

Cheers,
UNT

G'day MT
If you use a hole saw to drill through the door start on the outside and when the drill bit in the centre of the saw pokes through the inside of door swap sides and go from the inside back out for a better finnish.

Oh yeah forgot that bit, and Use a nail to punch your mark, that way the drill won't slip every where when you start the whole.

Back