Hag Xmas Case

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tony,

Sounds great, but it may be a little exclusive if we want to attract some lurkers, as Keith sez.

I'm very happy to have you brew it, if you're still keen, but we need to leave the door open to some more conventional entry-level beers.
Then again, I'm also happy to see some new names/faces turn up with some beers that will blow minds.

Just think "quality and drinkability". Balance is the key, grasshopper!

Hopefully, some hitherto unknown brewers will like the sound of some of the brews already mentined, and be keen to "throw their hat in the ring".

Bring it on. :beerbang:
Les the Seth :p

I'm a Sydney-sider (Chatswood) who missed out on the NSW swap - I'm game if you'll have me! Also happy to serve as a pickup/drop-off point for those closer to the big smoke who aren't able to make the day.

What say you - yeah, or neah?

1. Les/ Weizguy - Aventinus weizenbock-style ale. (Either that or another ale/prototype for the HAG 2008 brew).
2. Offline - Style undecided as yet
3. goatherder - not sure, maybe a Belgian strong dark ala Rocheforte 8, or maybe something hoppy.
4. David L - American IPA
5. Keith - don't know yet.
6. Scotty - Ninny Lager
7. Sammus - dunno yet, probably a saison, or an american pale if the saison fails.
8. MHB - have to test the new LCBA clone on someone
9. nooch - no idea yet.
10. Tony - Ordinary bitter or perhaps an english mild. may change though.
11 - Trent - you know I wouldn't miss it. Hopefully I will brew something drinkable
12 - Peve - Probably American Pale (Golden)
13 - Insight? - Belgian Witbier

Tony
The bigger, the better, mate. I missed out on sampling your IIPA on HAG day, so bring on something crazy. And if someone doesnt like it, well bugger em! Hops are good for yer health!
All the best
Trent

I'd love to join in, I've missed every HAG event
so far and better show my face to at least one.

1. Les/ Weizguy - Aventinus weizenbock-style ale. (Either that or another ale/prototype for the HAG 2008 brew).
3. goatherder - not sure, maybe a Belgian strong dark ala Rocheforte 8, or maybe something hoppy.
6. Scotty - Ninny Lager
7. Sammus - dunno yet, probably a saison, or an american pale if the saison fails.
9. nooch - no idea yet.
11 - Trent - you know I wouldn't miss it. Hopefully I will brew something drinkable
14 - Punter- Not sure yet, something drinkable.

I'm keen missed out on the last swap.

6. Scotty - Ninny Lager
9. nooch - no idea yet.
15 - Craig - not sure yet.

Will put my name down. Need to pull my finger out quickly and get my system up and running. Will keep it simple and maybe something like an Irish Red. Will see, will See.........

6. Scotty - Ninny Lager
9. nooch - no idea yet.
16 - Head - Not too sure, still on training wheels. Maybe Irish Red.

Cheers,
Ken.........

Thanks to Tony for PM ing me about this swap so I can get involved, Thinking of brewing something lighter in body for this hot summer. It will depend on when we are going to taste the swap? Not real sure as yet.

6. Scotty - Ninny Lager
9. nooch - no idea yet.
17 - Snagler - Not sure as yet, Beer???

I'll give it go
Thanks for the heads up Keith

6. Scotty - Ninny Lager
9. nooch - no idea yet.
18 - Shmick - Strong Danish lager??? need to think about it.

Trent. are you judging at the state comp or bitter and twisted? there will be a bottle of said pom choking IIPA at both!

As for the beer, i started at mild and went to HUGE so i will settle on an ESB. Dark, malty and hoppy.

have we decided on a max total number? 28 bottles in 2 milk crates ist there. would be great if we get to this amount.

looks like there are lots of takers. good to see. :D

cheers

6. Scotty - Ninny Lager
9. nooch - no idea yet.
10. Tony - ESB

Tony
I hope to be judging at both comps, I just have to pull my finger out and get in touch with the right people to get my name on the list. I MAY have a strong ale in, so wont be able to judge that category, but if I dont think it is up to scratch, I wont enter, and request that category! If not, I will harass you for a bottle one day!
Trent

Howdy HAG's, I'm in, Les I would love to get some of those tallies off you though. Haven't bottled in years...

6. Scotty - Ninny Lager
9. nooch - no idea yet.
10. Tony - ESB
19 - Either a American Amber Ale, Californian steam ale or a Russian Imperial Stout (with brewers liquorice)

Forgot to add my name sorry...

6. Scotty - Ninny Lager
9. nooch - no idea yet.
10. Tony - ESB
19 - Leeboy - Either a American Amber Ale, Californian steam ale or a Russian Imperial Stout (with brewers liquorice)

How about an Imperial Pils? Might leave the BSD till it's a bit colder...

3. goatherder - Imperial Pilsner
6. Scotty - Ninny Lager
9. nooch - no idea yet.
10. Tony - ESB
19 - Leeboy - Either a American Amber Ale, Californian steam ale or a Russian Imperial Stout (with brewers liquorice)

Tony
I hope to be judging at both comps, I just have to pull my finger out and get in touch with the right people to get my name on the list.

Trent

Trent,

I know that you have many super abilities but I didn't know that time travel was one of them. :)

Due to external timings and influences, both comps are on the same weekend although we will be judging on Sunday 28th Oct (ie a week before the Bitter & Twisted comp).

We will only have the BOS round at the actual B&T festival.

Your name is now ON the list.

Thanks mate,

Dave

Insight, are you willing to attend on the day? There is a train station, only a short distance from the shop or you might be able to get a lift (with bottles in tow- could be difficult by train). If so, we're happy to have you. Really happy. Otherwise it may be difficult to participate. Let us know. pm me if you want, or post here.

I'd like to fix the date as Saturday 15th December, after consulting the shop owner.

And while I'm taking charge, I'd like to see a max of 28 participants/ combatants, all using 750 - 800ml bottles.
Backup positions will need to be available too, in case of unforeseen calamity.

Let the fun begin! :D

Les the weizenologist :p

hehe, this hag case nearly as big as the whole nsw one :p at least i saw this thread before it filled!

And while I'm taking charge, I'd like to see a max of 28 participants/ combatants, all using 750 - 800ml bottles.
Backup positions will need to be available too, in case of unforeseen calamity.

Les,

I only bottle in stubbies (not enough room in our fridge for tallies). Do you think a swap of 2 stubbies for 1 tallie would be acceptable ?.

Cheers,

David.

You spend a day brewing and up pops the anti-ninny brigade!

I'll stoke the fires and mention that I am also planning on using sugar as well!!!
:lol:

Scotty

Les,

I only bottle in stubbies (not enough room in our fridge for tallies). Do you think a swap of 2 stubbies for 1 tallie would be acceptable ?.

Cheers,

David.

where do you live loftboy.

Les or i may be able to help you out with bottles. I have shedloads of them i dont use anymore and there are about 400 to 500 bottles at my parents place that are my brothers that he has said i can have iff i want.

let me know

some are in newey, some are in lochinvar

cheers

You spend a day brewing and up pops the anti-ninny brigade!

I'll stoke the fires and mention that I am also planning on using sugar as well!!!
:lol:

Scotty

Scotty
You are a bad man. Ninny lager, is that the new name for the re-packaged "Bi-Lo Lager"? If so, then I am up for it, that beer is the best. Just make sure to add 1.5kg of sugar to boost the alcohol, I dont want any wimpy beers in this swap. Maybe I will do a Bi-Lo draught, but with 2kg sugar. I'm pretty tough, ya know.
You'd love the lack of swell we have up here at the moment, mate - longboarder heaven!
Trent

Back