Hag Xmas Case

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright, bottling done! One of you has a present in your bottle - the valve tip from my bottling wand :angry: I've had 2 blue bottlers and now a white bottler do this to me. Every one of them on their first bottle! I hate those things! Gunna need to figure out something better for the next swap... (maybe have more than 28 bottles :lol:)

1. Les/ Weizguy - Aventinus weizenbock-style ale aka Teninch Double D (Dunkelweizen Doppelbock). 7.7% alc. Bottled with reserved wort on 8/12 (so give it a little time in the fridge - maybe up to 6 months for a strong beer like this)
2. Offline - APA Bottled 11/12
3. goatherder - Imperial Pilsner. W yeast 2001. 6.5% abv. Bottled 20/11/2007
4. David L - American IPA
5. Keith - AIPA, Wyeast 1028. Bottled 07/12/07; 5s A Foreign extra stout, Yeast S04, 5.5% DRINK NOW
6. Scotty - Ninny Lager
7. Sammus - Some sort of English ale - Bottled 12/12/07; WY1968 OG:1.064 FG:1.015, 6.4%. Drink in a long time!
8. MHB - have to test the new LCBA clone on someone
9. nooch - AIPA
10. Tony - Golden ale. Bottled 2.10.07....... NOT ready yet. leave it till after xmas.
11 - Trent - Saison - give it 2 weeks to carb. Also a Belgian Pale Ale - ready to drink.
12 - Peve - Probably American Pale (Golden)
13 - Insight - Smoked Robust Porter
14 - Punter- American Amber
15 - Craig - American Rye - Bottled 26/11/2007 5.4% US05
16 - Head - Not too sure, still on training wheels. Maybe Irish Red.
17 - Snagler - ESB OG 1.055 FG 1.008 Bottled 25/10/07 (Ready to drink, carbonation higher than I would have liked) Critisism welcome!!!
18 - Shmick - Spiced Belgian Golden Ale (WY3522)
19 - Leeboy - American Amber Ale READY TO DRINK
20. Danny Boy - 'Sugarloaf Sweet'
21. Pok - Unknown.... most probably a clone as I am still K&K with a bit of experimenting.. basically in for experience and some feedback. May put in a golden ale clone or something....suggestions welcome???
22. Loftboy - Hahn Premium Clone. Like 'pokolbinguy', I'm still K&K & want to do this for the experience & feedback.
23. Schooey - Nelson Sauvin Summer Ale
24. Stephen - English pale ale
25. Ms Thirsty Wench - Dark Ale
26. Fingolfin - UK Double IPA - Double IPA with a british twist
27. michael mosely - cascade / amarillo IPA, bottled 04/12/07
28. Colin Hansell - Irish Red Ale

Reserves

1. HKS

Alright, bottling done! One of you has a present in your bottle - the valve tip from my bottling wand :angry: I've had 2 blue bottlers and now a white bottler do this to me. Every one of them on their first bottle! I hate those things! Gunna need to figure out something better for the next swap... (maybe have more than 28 bottles :lol:)

Sammus is greatfully being my Ninny Runner for the Newcastle leg. As ninny lager was bottled last weekend its till conditioning and would be best to let settle as I used real Ninny Lager yeast and thats just a trip for me. So maybe towards NYE would be best to enjoy some Ninny...

I have to thank Sammus especially as he has to put up with for 6 hours the sounds of bottles rattling. I could tell a story about the F3, a hangover, bottles rattling, finding it hard not to throw up on the sound of every jingle of the bottles in the boot and a pair of amber vision sunglasses and a breath test! But for another time...

Scotty

List updated. I will be there, can't wait to meet a few more of you.

1. Les/ Weizguy - Aventinus weizenbock-style ale aka Teninch Double D (Dunkelweizen Doppelbock). 7.7% alc. Bottled with reserved wort on 8/12 (so give it a little time in the fridge - maybe up to 6 months for a strong beer like this)
3. goatherder - Imperial Pilsner. W yeast 2001. 6.5% abv. Bottled 20/11/2007
5. Keith - AIPA, Wyeast 1028. Bottled 07/12/07; 5s A Foreign extra stout, Yeast S04, 5.5% DRINK NOW
6. Scotty - Ninny Lager
7. Sammus - Some sort of English ale - Bottled 12/12/07; WY1968 OG:1.064 FG:1.015, 6.4%. Drink in a long time!
9. nooch - AIPA
10. Tony - Golden ale. Bottled 2.10.07....... NOT ready yet. leave it till after xmas.
11 - Trent - Saison - give it 2 weeks to carb. Also a Belgian Pale Ale - ready to drink.
17 - Snagler - ESB OG 1.055 FG 1.008 Bottled 25/10/07 (Ready to drink, carbonation higher than I would have liked) Critisism welcome!!!
21. Pok - Unknown.... most probably a clone as I am still K&K with a bit of experimenting.. basically in for experience and some feedback. May put in a golden ale clone or something....suggestions welcome???
22. Loftboy - Hahn Premium Clone. Like 'pokolbinguy', I'm still K&K & want to do this for the experience & feedback.
23. Schooey - Nelson Sauvin Summer Ale - Bottled 9.12.07 DON'T drink until late January.

Reserves

1. HKS

As my first beer for the swap ended up being crap, I am a bit late with the back up job. It won't be ready for drinking until late January, but I'll whack a reminder label on it for a reminder.

Beer status update

3. goatherder - Imperial Pilsner. Wyeast 2001. 6.5% abv. Bottled 20/11/2007. Ready to drink.
6. Scotty - Ninny Lager
9. nooch - AIPA
23. Schooey - Nelson Sauvin Summer Ale - Bottled 9.12.07 DON'T drink until late January.

Reserves

1. HKS

Just labelling the bottles, so there's no confusion.

HAG_2007_swap.jpg

See youse there!

BTW, the beer is actually drinkable now, but probably nicer in a week or so, so it's up to you when U consume.

Huge Beerz
Seth out :p

Trent and other concerned individuals,

On the previous post, I have added HKS to the reserve list again, as my first act as a mod on this sub-forum.

Les :D

Arrgghh I saw I was off the list but was quite busy as I've have been lately and didn't checkout why. So I didn't bottle up in time for today when I saw I was added back onto the list thanks anyway Les. Sorry to disappoint guys. I may have not been ready anyway or they could have been potential bottle bombs if I had bottled them yesterday. Plus it probably wasn't the best idea to make you guys guinea pigs on my 1st batch after not brewing for 10 years :lol:

Have a good day guys, have a few beers for me.

OT, but funny story:

Some may have seen this thread where I was looking to make a magic/miracle/jockey box
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...showtopic=19355

I was down at MHB's yesterday buying the rest of the gear I needed for my kegging setup, beer/gas lines/JG fittings/4" stainless shank with female snaplock etc. Mark was out the back and I was looking at his miracle/magic/jockey box. He came out the front and started talking about it and I thought ahh good he knows who I am. So we are talking about cold plates vs coils, pros and cons etc. Then he goes "Some twat on AHB was talking about coils for jockey boxes" I then embarrisngly said that twat was me. :lol: Too funny. Thanks for helping out that twat yesterday Mark, much appreciated.

Cheers

Beer status update

3. goatherder - Imperial Pilsner. Wyeast 2001. 6.5% abv. Bottled 20/11/2007. Ready to drink.
4. David L - American IPA. Flying Dog yeast 7.3% abv. Bottled 15-Dec so give it 2 weeks to carb plus a week in the fridge would do it wonders
6. Scotty - Ninny Lager
9. nooch - AIPA
Reserves

1. HKS

Just updating the specs for #4 - American IPA. Bittered with Horizon and EKG, dry hopped with Tomahawk (aka Columbus).

Only bottled today so needs 2 weeks to carb up plus it hasn't seen any cold conditioning so a week in the fridge should see it drop bright.

David

4. David L - American IPA. Flying Dog yeast 7.3% abv. Bottled 15-Dec so give it 2 weeks to carb plus a week in the fridge would do it wonders
6. Scotty - Ninny Lager
9. nooch - AIPA
10. Tony - Golden ale. Bottled 2.12.07....... NOT ready yet. leave it till the new year.

just updating beer status.

Great day today...... big thanks to mark for hosting it :party:

cheers

6. Scotty - Ninny Lager
9. nooch - AIPA bottled 15/12/07. Leave at least 2 weeks to carb up.
10. Tony - Golden ale. Bottled 2.12.07....... NOT ready yet. leave it till the new year.

Mine was only bottle today so leave unrefrigerated for at least 2 weeks to carb up.

Was a good afternoon, cheers to Marks for hosting it.

Nice to meet so many of you today, a great day indeed. Thanks again Mark for being an all round champion with your hospitality. As stated in the list, please keep Number 23 for one of you last samples, some time late in January, even later for it to be at it's best.

:D

Hi just to let everyone know, #28 if you have a label on the bottle it is an Irish Red Ale stating this. If there is only a number on the cap it is a Belgian Pale Ale, I picked up one of the wrong crates and wasn't travelling back to pick it up There were 10 bottles of the Belgians in the swap. Sorry for any inconvenience. Thanks Mark for hosting the day. Merry Xmas to all Cheers

I would just like to add, mine is pretty much right for drinking, I would suggest a week in the fridge, then have at it.

Cheers for a fun afternoon all.

Latest posts

Back