Hag Xmas Case

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Ninny is in bottle, Sammus would you mind being the Ninny Runner to Newcastle for us?

I'll do a Cannonball run type diversion for you if you want Sammus...

Scotty

Silly question sorry fella's but what time does it kick off on saturday? Looking forwards to the swap!!
lee

Silly question sorry fella's but what time does it kick off on saturday? Looking forwards to the swap!!
lee
Guys
It's great to see the level of interest in good brewing in the Hunter.

So the tentative plan is:-
Saturday 15 December
After closing (1:30 PM , thats 13:30 Stephen) at the shop, we will share out the bottles.
I will make sure there are a couple of live taps and some alcohol diluents on hand, Ok beer and snacks.

If you can't make it on that day, please get your case to the shop before the swap, we will hold your mixed case for collection.

There would be room for a couple of reserves, because we all know things happen, so if you were thinking of getting your hand up - hurry.

See you then, if not before.

MHB

Here you go.........................

Cheers

I saw mark today and he said 2 pm.

Im going to have to pull my ESB from the swap and put a golden ale thats not carbed up yet in. The ESB has a problem that i have had in a few beers latly. Its a bug thats in one of my firmenters and i cant kill it with bleach, iodophur, nothing. The beers were fine till i racked them to this certain firmenter that has ther bug in it. It forms a white layer on the top after a few days in secondary and gives the beer a funny sweet tangy metalic taste.

looks like 40 odd loters of ESB is getting tipped out.

The golden ale didnt go into this firmenter and its fine.

1. Les/ Weizguy - Aventinus weizenbock-style ale.
2. Offline - Style decided (beer)
3. goatherder - Imperial Pilsner. Wyeast 2001. 6.5% abv. Bottled 20/11/2007
4. David L - American IPA
5. Keith - AIPA, Wyeast 1028. Bottled 07/12/07
6. Scotty - Ninny Lager
7. Sammus - English IPA
8. MHB - have to test the new LCBA clone on someone
9. nooch - AIPA
10. Tony - Golden ale. Bottled 2.10.07....... NOT ready yet. leave it till after xmas.
11 - Trent - APA
12 - Peve - Probably American Pale (Golden)
13 - Insight - Smoked Robust Porter
14 - Punter- American Amber
15 - Craig - American Rye - Bottled 26/11/2007 5.4% US05
16 - Head - Not too sure, still on training wheels. Maybe Irish Red.
17 - Snagler - ESB OG 1.055 FG 1.008 Bottled 25/10/07 (Ready to drink, carbonation higher than I would have liked) Critisism welcome!!!
18 - Shmick - Spiced Belgian Golden Ale (WY3522)
19 - Leeboy - American Amber Ale READY TO DRINK
20. Danny Boy - 'Sugarloaf Sweet'
21. Pok - Unknown.... most probably a clone as I am still K&K with a bit of experimenting.. basically in for experience and some feedback. May put in a golden ale clone or something....suggestions welcome???
22. Loftboy - Hahn Premium Clone. Like 'pokolbinguy', I'm still K&K & want to do this for the experience & feedback.
23. Schooey - Nelson Sauvin Summer Ale
24. Stephen - English pale ale
25. Ms Thirsty Wench - Dark Ale
26. Fingolfin - UK Double IPA - Double IPA with a british twist
27. michael mosely - probably a stone IPA clone, not that I would even know what the real one tastes like
28. Colin Hansell - Irish Red Ale

cheers

my beer updated:-
I have saved a few small bottles for sequential tasting and feedback. If you keep an eye on the reports of how it's going, you can decide when you wanna drink it. Fair call?

BTW - all crown seal bottles, which are mostly VB, a Sheaf, a Tooheys Draught (taller) and 2 Fosters (peeeuuuw).

1. Les/ Weizguy - Aventinus weizenbock-style ale aka Teninch Double D (Dunkelweizen Doppelbock). 7.7% alc. Bottled with reserved wort on 8/12 (so give it a little time in the fridge - maybe up to 6 months for a strong beer like this)
2. Offline - Style decided (beer)
6. Scotty - Ninny Lager
7. Sammus - English IPA
9. nooch - AIPA
10. Tony - Golden ale. Bottled 2.10.07....... NOT ready yet. leave it till after xmas.
11 - Trent - APA
17 - Snagler - ESB OG 1.055 FG 1.008 Bottled 25/10/07 (Ready to drink, carbonation higher than I would have liked) Critisism welcome!!!
21. Pok - Unknown.... most probably a clone as I am still K&K with a bit of experimenting.. basically in for experience and some feedback. May put in a golden ale clone or something....suggestions welcome???
22. Loftboy - Hahn Premium Clone. Like 'pokolbinguy', I'm still K&K & want to do this for the experience & feedback.
27. michael mosely - probably a stone IPA clone, not that I would even know what the real one tastes like

Giddy-up young brewers
Beerz
Seth out

P.S. MHB's LCBA clone is "very niiice", like Borat said. And I hear that thirstywench's beer will taste nice soon after the swap and mature for up to 6 months, but I'm happy to be corrected.

Well Ninny is in bottle, Sammus would you mind being the Ninny Runner to Newcastle for us?

I'll do a Cannonball run type diversion for you if you want Sammus...

Scotty

No worries mate. PM sent. Dunno what this Cannonball business your talkin about is, I'm a bit slow sometimes though... seeya whenever you decide to drop in, before Thursday hopefully :)

S

Just finished bottling my contribution, which reminded me of why i have not bottled in over 4 years,

Firstly a trip to my fathers for bottles, I gave all my bottles away a few months ago. The bottles have not been stored in his shed for over 5 years and are in need of a very good cleaning.

Next a trip to my brothers, he has my bottle capper, get back home mmm bottle caps I only have 20 and they are over 4 years old. Back in the car for some new bottle caps.

Then I had to find all the other bits and pieces needed for bottling, Im sure it took longer and more effort to bottle it than it did to brew it.

I also saved a few bottles for tasting and will keep you informed on when I think it is ready for drinking. :huh:

1. Les/ Weizguy - Aventinus weizenbock-style ale aka Teninch Double D (Dunkelweizen Doppelbock). 7.7% alc. Bottled with reserved wort on 8/12 (so give it a little time in the fridge - maybe up to 6 months for a strong beer like this)
2. Offline - APA Bottled 11/12
6. Scotty - Ninny Lager
7. Sammus - English IPA
9. nooch - AIPA
11 - Trent - APA

Gday all
I have run into the sme problem as Tony, a bug in my fermenters that cannot be erased. It isnt a terrible bug, per se, but it mutes out the flavours in my beer over a few weeks. The APA I brewed is drinking OK at the moment, but nowhere near as hoppy as it tasted going into the bottling bucket, so I have already killed about 10 bottles of it (may aswell drink it while it isnt horrible yet). I bought 2 new fermenters off Mark, and now appear to have the problem under control, as my secondary fermenters are all glass, and dont seem to be contaminated (knock on wood!)
I have a saison that I am gonna have to bottle this arvo, and put that in instead. I know this will make the APA haters happy, but I hope this isnt a pain in the freckle for the rest of ya's - just dont wanna put in something that is a bit below par.
I will not have quite enough saison to do 28 bottles, and will have to throw in a few Belgian Pale Ale's to make up the numbers. The BPA is drinking very nicely if that makes ya feel any better, and the saison has a nice little tartness to it.
Does anyone know why HKS has been left off the list the last few posts? Is he still a reserve, or has he pulled out?
All the best
Trent

6. Scotty - Ninny Lager
7. Sammus - English IPA
9. nooch - AIPA
11 - Trent - Saison - give it 2 weeks to carb. Also a Belgian Pale Ale - ready to drink.

Hi guys,

It sort of sounds like there might be a few late scratchings.

I am up newy way on saturday for a running race in lambton at noon and was intending on dropping into MHB in the morning to have a look around and maybe get a few bits and pieces.

If you need numbers to make up a full case swap, please let me know, I don't know if i have enought stock for a full 28 bottles, but I would be able to give you guys a split case of my first partial grain APA, that I can contribute and a untried kit pilsner.

I realise your rules were no more APA's but if you are stuck on numbers, let me know.

Otherwise have a great case swap.

Cheers
Josh

It sort of sounds like there might be a few late scratchings.

What gave you that idea? :huh: Seems like there are too many that want in, maybe we should do a 3 crate (42 bottle) swap next time! :p

No dramas,

When I read some of the posts stating that there were some failed brews, I thought there might of been some last minute pullouts.

It is no problem though, I was not expecting to get in, just offering myself in the event that the group was a bottle of 2 short.

have a great case swap.

Josh

Yeah actually I was thinking the same thing at one point, they seem to have it sorted though. Lucky it didn't (hasn't... touch wood) happened to me cuz i don't have a back up! ... maybe you will be needed :lol:

List update!

6. Scotty - Ninny Lager
7. Sammus - English IPA
9. nooch - AIPA
11 - Trent - Saison - give it 2 weeks to carb. Also a Belgian Pale Ale - ready to drink.
27. michael mosely - cascade / amarillo IPA, bottled 04/12/07

Reserves

1. HKS

I'll see you guys on saturday.

Trent and other concerned individuals,

On the previous post, I have added HKS to the reserve list again, as my first act as a mod on this sub-forum.

Les :D

They've given you some kind of moderating power, Les?!? Lord help us all :lol:
Thanks for restoring the poor fella to the list, though, I would hate to be on the list the whole way then miss out due to a typo a few days before shut off date ;)
Could't be arsed bottling my saison tonight, will take the day off work tomorrow and do it then. That means it will have been in primary for 5 weeks, good thing saison yeast has evolved to be completely immune to autolysis...
Trent

Dropped off my contribution at MHB's today - just in case I can't make it on Sat.

Will crack a sample stubby on Fri night to see how it's shaping up.

Cheers

Just finished bottling my saison. Tasting nice, and I actually got 28 longnecks out of it, and an extra stubby so I can actually taste it! If anyone would prefer a Belgian Pale Ale instead of a saison, say so before 7.30am thursday, or you will be getting a reasonably tart saison from me.
All the best, and looking forward to saturday
Trent

Droped off my number 17 ESB into Marks today. Im unfortunately working this Saturday (again) so will not be able to join in the festivities. I hope you have a great time at the swap and all the best for Christmas.

Cheers

Adam

Thats a shame mate...... would have been god to catch up for a chat.

I will just have to drink your beer instead

cheers

Howdy, howdy, howdy,

at this point it looks like I will be unable to make an appearance on Saturday :angry: , much to my disappointment.

My beers are at Marks :) .

Sadly my AIPA didn't stretch to 28 bottles so I have include a substitute. By no means is my substitute inferior, rather it is - and I am putting it out there - a very well made foreign extra stout. I invite any criticism, bring it on! I have labelled this beer, creativity being one of my stong points, 5S - the 'S' is for stout. Have a grand day and I am looking forward to the beers.

K.

5. Keith - AIPA, Wyeast 1028. Bottled 07/12/07; 5s A Foreign extra stout, Yeast S04, 5.5% DRINK NOW
6. Scotty - Ninny Lager
7. Sammus - English IPA
9. nooch - AIPA
27. michael mosely - cascade / amarillo IPA, bottled 04/12/07

Reserves

1. HKS

Back