Hag Xmas Case

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weizguy

Barley Bomber
Reaction score
Bang the gong! The swap is on!

So you're in the Hunter (or an accepted HAGgis :lol: :D ) and you missed out on the 2007 NSW Xmas case swap?
You're concerned about swapping beer with people sooo far away.
Worried that your beer is not good enough to mix it with the best.
No worries at all..., join in here and submit your beer.

Its' about having a little fun with the brewing.

Sure, you should send a decent beer. Nothing that's off or not up-to-par (undrinkable), but you are the best judge of that.
You'll get some quality feedback and probably some tips on improving your output quality...Plus U get to taste a great mix of beers from the locals.

The swap event is likely to be held on a Saturday at Mark's Home Brew shop in Islington, on a date to be nominated. We could maybe even take it into the park across the road. No firm plans yet and open to options.

Big thanks to Mark for the offer of his premises, as he often makes them available to HAG events.

I'm nominating myself as the first official contributor to the inaugural case swap.

I'm happy to provide an 800ml quantity for my swap contribution, and open the floor for input regarding size and quantity of required samples, due date etc.
Would we like a theme for the swap, or just go with your best/favourite brew or at least your fave style?

I'd like to go a little outside the box and brew a beer similar to, but not the same as one I've made in the past.

Here we go:

1. Les/ Weizguy - Aventinus weizenbock-style ale. (Either that or another ale/prototype for the HAG 2008 brew).

Beerz
Les out, and over to the Hunter brewers :p

<edited for additional spruiking>

Count me in

1. Les/ Weizguy - Aventinus weizenbock-style ale. (Either that or another ale/prototype for the HAG 2008 brew).
2. Offline - Style undecided as yet

Hmm, a theme. Sounds like fun but maybe diversity would suffer a little? How about everyone just puts their best foot forward?

800ml doesn't really suit me - I don't have a ready source of bottles that size. I'm good for standard tallies. As for numbers, how about we see how many put their hand up by a certain date, say a week or two? 14 would be a good number but I'd hate to see someone miss out because of an arbitrary cutoff point.

3. goatherder - not sure, maybe a Belgian strong dark ala Rocheforte 8, or maybe something hoppy.

Hmm, a theme. Sounds like fun but maybe diversity would suffer a little? How about everyone just puts their best foot forward?

800ml doesn't really suit me - I don't have a ready source of bottles that size. I'm good for standard tallies. As for numbers, how about we see how many put their hand up by a certain date, say a week or two? 14 would be a good number but I'd hate to see someone miss out because of an arbitrary cutoff point.

3. goatherder - not sure, maybe a Belgian strong dark ala Rocheforte 8, or maybe something hoppy.

Good to see that we have a few starters.

Well Mr Herder-of-goats...you have a ready supply of those 800ml bottles if you see myself or Stephen in Medowie. I have a steady supply of them as I know someone who is an unashamed tasteless mass consumer of the VB. A preliminary pm, perhaps. (luv that alliteration)
I also have some of the Rochefort yeast if you care for a sample (W1762, if you don't have any). View attachment rochefort.wav
Seth

Count me in ....

4. David L - American IPA

Oh, and I would appreciate some of those bottle things as well. I think that I can just remember how to use them.

Dave

I too would be more than pleased to participate.

I have no problems with people using those standard 750 mL bottles, but Les if your volunteering to provide me with clean, sanitised 800 mL suckers - how could I possibly say no?

5. Keith - don't know yet.

Cheers,

Keith

If you'll accept beers from a Southern Member then happy to join in;

6. Scotty - Ninny Lager

I guess I'll jump on the train too...whats the deadline? I'm not good with deadlines - ill do my best to have something though!

6. Scotty - Ninny Lager
7. Sammus - dunno yet, probably a saison, or an american pale if the saison fails.

6. Scotty - Ninny Lager
7. Sammus - dunno yet, probably a saison, or an american pale if the saison fails.
8. MHB - have to test the new LCBA clone on someone :D

Sounds good, I'm in as well.

6. Scotty - Ninny Lager
8. MHB - have to test the new LCBA clone on someone
9. nooch - no idea yet.

Will be interested to know numbers so i can plan brewing for it around my own supply. If its a small number i will do a small batch in my esky and pot. no point running up the 50 liter mash rig for a 15 liter batch.

Plenty of local brewers though...... is there a max munber so i can plan max batch size. 20? 24? 28?

cheers.

6. Scotty - Ninny Lager
9. Tony - Ordinary bitter or perhaps an english mild. may change though.

6. Scotty - Ninny Lager
9. Tony - Ordinary bitter or perhaps an english mild. may change though.
10 - Trent - you know I wouldn't miss it. Hopefully I will brew something drinkable :lol:

Looks like Tony cut me off. Fixed.

6. Scotty - Ninny Lager
9. nooch - no idea yet.
10. Tony - Ordinary bitter or perhaps an english mild. may change though.
11 - Trent - you know I wouldn't miss it. Hopefully I will brew something drinkable

I am keen, but it needs to be after the x-mas case swap for me. As I am recovering from this shoulder op. I will be strugling to get the NSW case done before November.
So if the date for the swap in Jan, I'm in.

Steve

sorry n00ch :eek:

wasnt intentional

cheers

Count me in

6. Scotty - Ninny Lager
9. nooch - no idea yet.
10. Tony - Ordinary bitter or perhaps an english mild. may change though.
11 - Trent - you know I wouldn't miss it. Hopefully I will brew something drinkable
12 - Peve - Probably American Pale (Golden)

Pete

Howdy,

I know everyone on the list at the moment, but I'd love for a lurker or two to join the crowd.

If anyone out there is keen and just hesitating, let me say; the absolute worst that can happen is you will get some constructive feedback about your beer.

Scotty, I'm up for a southern cousin to join the brouhaha - but Ninny lager? You southerners might need to look after your health, however; your going to force me to brew something that has some flavour and needs a decent pair of cojones to imbibe.

How much to brew Tony? Well I'll be dissapointed if we dont have a couple of dozen of us joining in. Spread the news, there's beer to be drunk and it gonna be good!

There ain't no such thing as too much in a beer. Hows that seem for a theme :Les :party: ?

Well maybe next time.

Happy brewing to you all,

Keith

There ain't no such thing as too much in a beer.

Done Deal B)

Too much is never enough for a HAG :p

sounds perfect to me.

bring it on and SHOW ME THE HOPS AND MALT!

maybe this can be the xmas swap that isnt tasted till march :p

cheers

Keith,

Can you put a fire under your "1100 club" brew buddy, Dan?

I'd like to sample some of his legendary beer, or is he still subject to the ever-present Wah-chi?

If you put together another last-minute kit beer for this case, it will be to your eternal shame. Be warned! <_<

Scotty, seriously? Ninny lager? How about toss-pot pils or ...I'll say no more, except welcome aboard! :D

Les

how does a 1.100 120 IBU (i know about the percieved bitterness thing) sound

AG..... no sugar with enough english hops to make 10 batches of bitter.

long way from a mild but if we go for the NO BARIERES theme ?

cheers

Latest posts

Back