Hag - Baltic Porter Disincantation

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wish I could of made it there today. I'm sure it would of been awesome. My wife was working arvo shift today so I was on babysitting duties. I'm sure I wouldn't of been to popular if she found out that's what I put him through all arvo. Anyway hope it was awesome. I'm super keen for the Rogue Imperial IPA clone brew day. Not sure where we will source the "Free Range Coastal Water" as quoted on the bottle though? What a toss.

It was a top day indeed.
Great to meet some new faces from the Hunter crowd.
The Baltic Porter project has some funky and interesting nuances, but is very worthy of such a name and project.
Thanks again to Mark for making it all happen and the HAG's for a great day.

Beers,
Doc

PS: My keg is already carbonating :p

+1

It was great to catch up and meet the HAG's. Thanks Mark for organizing this and shouting the Old Speckled Hen keg!
Will have to grab a bottle of the Baltic when I drop in next time.

I've just taken the beer off gas and had a taste.
I've named it Funky Cold Medina (reference here for younger people ).
Wow, still wow.
It is addictive, yet disturbing at the same time.
Taking some to the Hill Brewers Guild tonight. Should take the camera to get some tasting shots too :p

Doc

The link was also helpful for older people. :D

Wish I could of made it there today. I'm sure it would of been awesome. My wife was working arvo shift today so I was on babysitting duties. I'm sure I wouldn't of been to popular if she found out that's what I put him through all arvo. Anyway hope it was awesome. I'm super keen for the Rogue Imperial IPA clone brew day. Not sure where we will source the "Free Range Coastal Water" as quoted on the bottle though? What a toss.
plenty of free range coastal water here in June: about 2-3 feet deep. Great for lambics or you can boil it to make beer. :lol:

I was there to smell the freshly opened package of Saaz hop plugs. A wonderful thing for your olfactory gratification. Very niiice, to quote Borat.

A very successful day overall. I'm starting to build the Pacman yeast culture. I'm nursing it back to health. Will need to pitch sediment from about 2 litres of culture, for the big beer. Mrmalty?

What was the result or feedback, Doc?

It was short but sweet for me. The Baltic Porter and Speckled Hen were well worth a taste - very nice. I always thought that barrel was empty! I think I had enough time to have a taste of each and introduce myself before the children were jumping out of the car and I had to grab a snake, (lolly), and head to the park. I will plan things a little better next time.

Bye the way, thinking of transport, anyone live out Seaham / Raymond terrace way?

Thanks Mark,
Steve

It was with great pleasure I sampled the OSH when I called in. A fantastic ale.

Am looking forward to quietly sipping the bottle of Baltic Porter at an appropriate time. I think it might need some serious quiet and contemplation. Maybe one day when mrs warra is in Sydney doing the granddaughter thing, and I'm at home minding the Pug, but no rush.

Thanks Mark, much appreciated.
I'll try hard to make the next HAG event.

Edit: Spelling

Back