GUTEN

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of interest, does the guten user a pid algorithm for temperature control like the grainfather or simple hysteresis?

Is there a Facebook group for the Guten users like the is for the RB's?
(Couldn't find the search within thread button)

If KegKing are retailing , maybe it would be fortuitous for them to get the ball rolling.

Just received my 50L Guten from Keg King. Upgrading from a Robobrew V2
On first inspection very impressed:
- the stainless is very shiny, mirror shiny infact
- malt pipe has a rolled edge (my v2 has cut me many times)
- bottoms and top plates on malt pipe aren’t sharp either. Both plates look nice and flat
- the lid actually fits snugly on top
- the immersion coil is nice and large, noticeably bigger than v2. Coils are also spread out
- bazooka screen looks flimsy, but I’ll be attached my lauter helix spring coil anyway
- only negative is a few light rust spots on the seam of malt pipe and under the ring where malt pipe sits on while sparging

It’s currently undergoing a sodium perc soak
Now I’ve just gotta find some free time to actually brew on it!

Anyone have brewing profiles for the 50L set up?
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

I have been having a few ideas for the Robobrew G2, I bought a rooted one fromm KK a few months ago hoping to fix it. Not really got around to it until last week, control panel had shit itself beyond repair but I have had an idea.
When I got my Guten I ordered a spare control panel and pump, just in case as I was walking in unknown territory.
Here is the difference between the Guten and the Robobrew.
001.JPG The top is the Guten control circuit, notice the difference in the size of the relays, 3 times the the rating where the Robobrew is just enough no wonder they have had a lot of burn outs.
This is the soldering on the back.
002.JPG The Guten is the one on the right just look at the difference in the soldering.
What I was thinking is, these units I imagine are out sourced, if I can find them on Alibaba, switch them over we could have a hybrid. The mounting space will have to be opened up but it looks like a good little project.

I think if I were looking at a stuffed RB I'd end up using an external control box and craftbeerpi. Or alternatively something like the grainfather connect, or a smartpid. All will give you much better control than a simple hysteresis controller like the RB or gluten ones. If you don't care about the programmable capabilities then you could use an stc-1000 for virtually no money...

Interested in possibly get a guten 40L. Does anyone know if these would fit any of the stills that either keg king or kegland offer?

Back