GUTEN

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

krz

Reaction score
Now, I know this has been discussed a few times. But what is the best way to clean a "stubborn" scorch on the bottom of the kettle?

Had a difficult mash the other day due to (I assume) a large amount of oats. As a result I got a pretty big scorch on the bottom. I tried my usual cleaning routine, boiling sodium perc, soaking in vinegar, etc. But some of the mark remains. Suggestions??
Im surprised vinegar didnt work, as mya said, barkeepers will work. It clerans up the blacknees on my cooking pans easily.

devoutharpist

Reaction score
I'll say that i was very surprised as well, usually it works fine but this was some serious char.

I'll try and grab some barkeepers then, thanks all.

mischa6262

Reaction score
I'll say that i was very surprised as well, usually it works fine but this was some serious char.

I'll try and grab some barkeepers then, thanks all.
i have heard that a normal dishwasher tablet put in a pot with a small amount of water ( i would assume cover it with water) and bring it to the boil is said to remove burns from pots, but cant confirm it as I've never burnt a pot before :)

JDB

Reaction score
Hey guys, looks like the Guten’s on sale. Anyone know if there’s a new version coming out, or if I should jump at this? 50l seems like a bargain, would get me out of partial mashes on the stove top, which would have to improve the marital situation

Reaction score
Hey guys, looks like the Guten’s on sale. Anyone know if there’s a new version coming out, or if I should jump at this? 50l seems like a bargain, would get me out of partial mashes on the stove top, which would have to improve the marital situation
How much is it? If it is on sale grab it.

Fro-Daddy

Reaction score
40L $399
50L $499

It's quite tempting but the 50L might be cutting it fine for double batches?

Reg Holt

Pro
Pro
Reaction score
Ripper price! Ordered the 50 litre this morning, will still keep my 40 litre for small batches.

JDB

Reaction score
Ordered. Now to read this entire thread again before it turns up

sp0rk

Mayor of Pooptown
Reaction score
Well I've done something I thought I'd never do
I bought a Guten 50L while they're on sale
I love tinkering and building my own gear, but with a newborn and trying to find space for my powerlifting setup in the garage, I needed a smaller brewing footprint and something less time consuming

Reaction score
They might get more than 379 members in the Facebook group!
When you take into account all the AKA's Ace, Brew Monk, Brew Devil, Hop Cat, Brewster Beacon, Klarstein etc and over 180,000 sold world wide (that was the figure a year ago) I wouldn't be counting on Face Book for an accurate gauge of popularity.

Reaction score
There could be people in that 379 that don't even own Gutens...
Exactly, Face Book wouldn't be a full measure of users, anyone in business looking for a reliable SVB to retail would be looking at sales achieved, though I don't agree with Foshun Shunde Kitchen Equipment wholesale etiquette, where they sell under different names leaving the retailers to fight a price war among themselves while they still get the same wholesale price asked. Very smart.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Was given this one to trial, more or less same as the Guten but with one added advantage the whirlpool came from the tap, also smaller volume. I believe magical pancake moved his pump to the outside of the vessel and applied the same thing. Probably where Zhangshan Agape Electrical Appliance got the idea from. Another way is to purchase an extra pump (cheap enough) and do the same thing with the Guten.
002.JPG
009.JPG

malt and barley blues

Reaction score
I am an early Guten user and never been on face book, probably more Guten owners not on facebook than none owners. Best place to learn about Guten is AHB and the pancake guy's videos. How much for the pump WEAL?

ThirstyFish

Reaction score
$499 for the 50L is very tempting. Might pull the trigger I think.

Wonder if KL will follow re the 65L Brewzilla?

Latest posts