Greg Noonan Has Passed Away

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sad news. i learnt a lot from "brewing lager beer", and still refer to it. beer writers with that depth of knowledge and learning are rare. and he did it all without the internet!

Noonan and Fix are both gone.... sad time in the brewing world.

That's a terrible loss, particularly given his age.

He was known to be a very approachable and helpful man. A homebrewer I knew from the US said he once met Greg at the Airport and he happily spoke freely and at length about false bottom geometry even though he had a flight to catch.

He'll be sorely missed.

Warren -

He wrote a great book with a wealth of information.

Sad news. How old was he?

Young fella was a couple of years younger than myself. To all you whippersnappers out there on the forum, once you hit 40 the next 20 years go so quickly it's frightening.
Treasure every day, and your loved ones.

I'll have a lager for the guy at beer o'clock today. :beerbang:

you pissing in a bag yet bribie?

Would that be PIAB? ;)

On topic, it's a little far for most of us to travel but - for those locals - I assume the funeral arrangements could be posted on this thread for those able to attend? I bet the guy's family have no idea how many people are sad to see him pass on and if he were local here we would sure as hell get a decent contingent from AHB along.

I first saw it on Twitter from Greg Koch from Stone Brewing, retweeting from the Beer Advocate forum.
Haven't seen anything more formal, but it was fully confirmed. I have been offline from 2pm though.

Doc

The Scottish Ale book made me want to throw everything in and just brew Scottish Ale ... and it still does ... shit-and-giggles ...

Scotty

I 've read his New Brewing lager Beer from end to end
I have used it as reference to many posts and I am sad to hear he passed away so soon.
A great loss of a very knowledgable man to the brewing community and my condolences to his family.

Very, very sad. I have reread some of his lager brewing book the last couple of days and it made be realise what I had forgot. I will toast him again tonight.

Back