Great British Beer Festival

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably a 1hr flight. Or an all day train trip.

Probably easier/more comfortable than;

Train to airport
Checking in luggage
Cramped seats
Crying baby's
Dealing with the craziness of heathrow
Piccadilly line tube

seamad said:
About 5 1/2 hrs on the eurostar fast train, with a handy stop in Brussels.
Cantillon brewery is literally 10 minutes walk from Brussels train station too. If you can delay and go there it's the best brewery to visit

booargy - check out www.seat61.com
It will give you all the info you need if you want to train it.
I personally dont have any problems with Heathrow and the tube. I find it quite easy to use, and I'm a dumb ol' Taswegian.
Flights with easyjet are around $130 return not including baggage.

I go to Amsterdam to sample the wares in the coffeeshops and sometimes go shopping about every 2 years. From there I fly to other countries on the weekends to visit friends and go back to the dam during the week. I have only been to UK for about 3 days when I caught the train from Beijing to London via Mongolia and Scandinavia. Seems like it maybe a good excuse to visit again if Im in Europe.

IMG_20150813_132647.jpgIMG_20150813_135027.jpg

Have just finished 3 days at the GBBF. Spent yesterday with Mr and Mrs Lagerbomb.
If you have an interest in real ale this is the festival to go to.
Over 900 ales and ciders and not a hipster in sight.
Friendly people and great ales.

I'm with billygoat. An awesome festival for real ales. Plenty of Hoppy craft beers as well. Even some aussie ones of you wanted.
If we manage to get to another one, I will definitely go to more days.

You certainly will. Make sure buy merch as well.
And the tip of the day is to only drink thirds or halfs. If you drink pints it will be a short day. And mske sure you talk to the locals. They love a beer and a chat.

Seething envy, bordering on "I hate you, I hate you!!!", with a touch of nostalgia... :beerbang:

Rosco will be there somewhere, hoovering up cask ales no doubt.

Latest posts

Back