Beer Engines

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeerBaron

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the correct spot to post this but here we go!

I was helping a neighbour move some things in his garage and happened to spot that he had a beer engine sitting there on the floor. He does home brew but I don't know to what level but I think this would just be a random purchase to go along with his tractor, memorabilia, old petrol pumps etc. he has under the house (the place is seriously like a museum!).

Since I spotted it, I have been considering asking him if I could buy it from him. The reason I was helping him is that he is selling off a lot of his stuff to move interstate at some point, so I though he may let it go. Since then I have been googling the bejesus out of beer engines to see what they are worth etc. Spoiler, a lot here in AUS.

Any way, my in-laws are coming over from the UK in October so I thought, I would look over there to see what I can see. Maybe they can stash one in the luggage?? That search led me to Pint365 ( www.pint365.com ). Basically, this is a service you sign up to, You buy the hand pump and they send you beer-in-a-box like a subscription service which looks awesome AND you can just buy the engine / hand pump alone.

SO I messaged on facebook to ask about dimensions & weights, and got this prompt reply:

"Hi Evan, the box size is 82cm x 20cm x 40cm and the weight is 10KG. However we can ship the box direct to Australia for £60. The unit comes with all the connectors to polypins/ bag in boxes. It can also be used with push fittings. The unit dimensions to remove it out the box and put inside the suitcase is 20cm x 50cm x 70cm"

The beer engine is 145GBP Shipping 60GBP = roughly $370 AUD delivered.

Grain and grape sell reconditioned ones for $650 + shipping (I assume) although, I have no idea how the compare in terms of quality.

This has been a long post, but hopefully of interest to some!

Cheers

You will also need these.
7BEER%20ENGINE%20CHECK%20VALVE.jpg

7beer%20eng%20aspirator.jpg

https://aussiehomebrewer.com/threads/demand-valve-for-beer-engine.33000/

It’s actually better for home brew purposes to apply some positive pressure to the cask.
Otherwise you will lose all your condition.

Look for low pressure propane regulators. In the uk it’s easy to get adjustable ones with bsp threads that can feed in 50-150 mBar

Latest posts

Back