Merri Mashers - Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm keen to join! At this point I am about to bottle a very traditional style Gose so could potentially contribute that. Otherwise probably something sour depending on how future brews go!

beermeupscotty said:
Having at least 23 different home brews to try is gonna be f'n sweet! Is (mass) feedback generally part of a case-swap? That would be pretty nice too.
Yeah it is gonna be sweet trying so many different beers. Yeah we'll have a feedback thread up and running after the swap. This case swap is all about trying different beers and getting good honest feedback on your beer from a bunch of people to hep us improve. Drinking in the name of education, doesn't get better than!

The day itself promises to be good fun too.

Dove, you can chuck your name on the bottom of the list and that'll keep you from getting lost when the next person comes on or off-board.

November 23 sounds good to me. Should we still have a club meeting on Nov 25, or replace it with this case swap day? Something tells me we could all still be hung over come Tuesday.

Not sure what I'm making yet but will throw my name in the ring.

1. Nick (aka vanners) - American Brown Ale
2. Tim (aka Tim) - Weird herbal bizarro brew
3. Wolfman
4. Forever Wort - Mongrel Saison
5. Carnie
6. Technobabble66
7. Swedebeer - Raspberry Session Saison
8. Parktho
9. Declan ( :')
10. Brouhaha
11. beermeupscotty (Jacob) - Russian Imperial Stout (Mornington Peninsula clone)
12. NewGuy
13. Bazfletch3 - Summer ale
14. mugley - probably some sort of IPA
15. Kevin H - ESB
16. Crouch (Viv) - something, probably beer
17. Kris (RelaxedBrewer) - Probably an AIPA, but no sure yet
18. Craig (don't call me Craig) Plunkett - was gonna do a Saison but will likely change his mind...
19. JordanElwell

Good call on chucking my name on the list!

3. Wolfman
5. Carnie
6. Technobabble66
8. Parktho
10. Brouhaha
11. beermeupscotty (Jacob) - Russian Imperial Stout (Mornington Peninsula clone)
12. NewGuy
15. Kevin H - ESB
18. Craig (don't call me Craig) Plunkett - was gonna do a Saison but will likely change his mind...
19. JordanElwell
20. Dove Bailey - Gose (probably)

When people have locked down their beer name and recipe, either post it in here or send it to me in an email/PM. I am compiling an official booklet that we can each take home with our mixed cases at the case swap.

You can put forward whatever information about your beer you like, the bare minimum being the style and a name. The more info the better obviously, but it is nice to keep some things a mystery ...

Compiling a booklet means all we need to do is label our own bottles with our number.

And we will then have a handy little memento for the occasion that we can keep with the beers and consult while we drink through the case.

Awesome, Luke. It's still two months off, eh? I've put 2 cases away for the swap but will have another 1 or 2 new batches to come before the date. I'll have to see how they turn out before I lock down my contribution (want to enter my tastiest cases). Will keep ya posted though!

Ok, American Brown Ale is in the cube and ready to ferment as my case swap beer.

There were a fair bit of hops in this one.

IMG_20140921_150852.jpg

Forever Wort I'll send you my details soon.

Gonna be a busy couple of months leading up to this....Right now I have my ANHC club night brew dry hopping and our Ultimate Session Beer comp entry for club night (Ronnie Ryan Red Ale...watch out for the hangover!) fermenting as well.

I need to brew my case swap beer, and I'm also one of the Mashers who are brewing beers to put on our club font during the case swap! All that and my Pilsner keg ran out last week, just as it had come really good!

When's that bloody Full Pint grain bulk buy again???

I am brewing mine this Saturday morning. I picked up my grain from Full Pint on Saturday and I tell ya, barring any unfortunate incidents this saison is going to be a helluva mongrel.

I am aiming for ~7% ABV with a dry, soft toffee flavour complementing the WLP585 yeast, which I've never used before.

:icon_cheers:

Case Swap Grub

I am thinking Ribs / Wings / lots of chilli (hint hint)

Anyone keen to help out with food / prep?

Planning on a MP IPA clone as my case swap brew

Oh, for the love of.... beware the Wolfman's chili sauce!

http://youtu.be/Mdfk17EKGa0

Er - anyone for cupcakes?

Not promising anything at this stage but I might have a beer cheddar ready to bring along.

New_guy said:
Case Swap Grub

I am thinking Ribs / Wings / lots of chilli (hint hint)

Anyone keen to help out with food / prep?

Planning on a MP IPA clone as my case swap brew
I've thrown my off set smoker into the ring, I can help with food.

going down a hill said:
I've thrown my off set smoker into the ring, I can help with food
Perfect!
It will be an early start!

Ok, I'd be keen to come to this! Should have a spring themed, American style, Amber ale rocking by then. I split the batch after the primary fermentation, added toffee (to one half) made from honey & coconut sugar, flavoured with rose & orange blossom water. (There is some without toffee, for those who don't like honey beers)
I do have other things on that day already, so prob won't be able to stick around long, but definitely in for just the case swap otherwise.

3. Wolfman
5. Carnie
6. Technobabble66
8. Parktho
10. Brouhaha
12. NewGuy
15. Kevin H - ESB
19. JordanElwell
20. Dove Bailey - Gose (probably)

21. Ruthanne_Azia (American Amber with some dessert inside it :icon_drool2:)

Latest posts

Back