Great British Beer Festival

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dago001

Move Along - Nuthin To See Here
Reaction score
Hi fellow brewers.
We are off to the UK in August, and we just happen to be in London when the GBBF is on. (Aug 11th - 15th).
I'm just wondering if anybody has been to one of these festivals before?? And if so, is it worth going along for a look. (I'm going to go anyway, but I'm keen on some feedback if you have nne)
Also, is anybody else going to be there at the same time, and maybe interested in attending with us.
Cheers
LB

We will be going but not sure which day. Most probably the 14th of August. I happened to be going around that time also, so with a little bit of organising it was a great coincidence to be going to the beer festival too.

Funnily enough we happen to be flying home from Munich on the 1st of October :)!

You Lucky, Lucky *******!!!!!

I've been to a couple of these (admittedly MANY years ago..) & definitely worth the effort to go.

Scaffolding galore, replete with casks of real-ales, all supplied by the breweries in time to be fresh & optimally served (often by gravity alone) for the event.

'Can't go wrong.

Enjoy & report-back.

*******!

I've been to GBBF a few times. If you like English real ale it's definitely worth a look. There are also European and American breweries there as well.
Can get very busy so avoid peak times if you don't like queuing.
Makes me salivate just thinking about it.

I was over there last spring when Wetherspoons had their festival on of real cask ale you will definitely enjoy it, the weather was about 14 degrees on average and the Poms were walking around in shorts and tee shirts. :)
Hoping to get over again this year for the World Cup.

Tahoose said:
We will be going but not sure which day. Most probably the 14th of August. I happened to be going around that time also, so with a little bit of organising it was a great coincidence to be going to the beer festival too.

Funnily enough we happen to be flying home from Munich on the 1st of October :)!
We will be going on either the 11th or 12th, although the 11th is only for the evening session. We fly to Nice on the 13th.
This was purely a coincidence, but myself and Mrs LB both love Real Ales, so we figured it should be something we attend.

I'm going this year LagerBomb.
Have been to other beer festivals in the UK before but not the GBBF.
Will be going to the festival for 2 or 3 days. Probably, at least, Thursday and Friday, but maybe Wednesday as well.
Will be staying with my FIL for the first week which is about 30 min tube ride away from Olympia.
Hoping to tour Fullers brewery as well that week. Toured it 4 years ago and want to go back again.
Should be able to meet up with you and Tahoose as well.
This trip is getting better by the day.
Drinking an ESB from my handpump as I type this.

That's awesome billygoat. Who would have thought, we have been so close to catching up during the last 12 months and we will probably do it in the UK.
We are staying in Shepherds Bush, about a 15 minute walk to Olympia. We are only able to do Tuesday or Wednesday, so heres hoping it works out.
I will be in touch.
Cheers
LB

You won't like it. They drink their beer warm and flat over there, you know ?

I shall go in your stead and spare you the whole distasteful ordeal.

Don't mention it.

GBBF is the dogs bollocks. Enjoy you lucky bar steward (but pace yourself)

Tickets for the GBBF have just gone on sale.
For non CAMRA members it is £10 per day and it you purchase a second day it costs another £5. Or a ticket for every session is £26.
Very reasonable. With booking fees, it costs $51 to get into the Ballarat Beer Festival, and that's for only one day.

I bought 2 VIP tickets, £20 each for the day, hopefully can skip some lines and get a glass aswell.

From memory comes with £5 of beer tokens also, pretty sure I'm going to burn through some beer tokens during the day.

Yep, I checked out the tickets yesterday as well. I havent worked out which ones to get yet.
I also checked out the Fullers tour as well billygoat, but they were either booked out that week or not doing them.
We will definitely be doing the Wednesday session. But we my also do the Tuesday night one as well, just to make sure we cover as much of the festival as we can.
Hopefully the beer prices aren't inflated like they tend to be at Australian beer festivals.

Hi LB. Should be in the UK about that time and staying near London the first week. I'll need to check the dates when I get back home to see if I can make it.

Currently enjoying a Manta beer in New Caledonia for about $11 per 500ml

That would be great Ian.
Send me a message when you get home. I will let you know where we will be etc.
Cheers
LB

Latest posts

Back