• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Grain mill to share- Brisbane northside

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Digodigo

Reaction score
Looking for 3 brewers that would like to buy in a group a good grain mill. I have just started to brew and couldn't justify a $300 investment (to my wife ) sitting in the shed, once it could be used by more than one brewer. I would like to have this initial cost lower by buying in a small group. If anyone is interested let me know as i have a 20kg grain bag waiting for a mill.
Cheers

Where are you located? what does the $100 cover? could be a good little co op type thing, split sacks of specialty grain too or something. Im assuming the mill will stay at yours set up? so it doesn't get bumped and what not.

I bought a mill for $130 and it works well.
What is better about a $300 mill?

indica86 said:
The bank account of the person selling the $300.00 dollar mill? :lol:

Good idea but I can't spare even that at the moment. Having said that I'd go parts in grain bags if that ends up happening. I'm in the Logan area

ctagz said:
Where are you located? what does the $100 cover? could be a good little co op type thing, split sacks of specialty grain too or something. Im assuming the mill will stay at yours set up? so it doesn't get bumped and what not.
Ctagz I am in Boondall. I don't have a specific mill in mind, I am open to all the suggestions. The mill don't have to stay with me, we can find a good solution to share the mill around.
I like the idea of the specialty grains.

ctagz said:
Ctagz I am in Boondall. I don't have a specific mill in mind, I am open to all the suggestions. The mill don't have to stay with me, we can find a good solution to share the mill around.
I like the idea of the specialty grains.

indica86 said:
Indica86 I don't know yet. I am looking at some German and American mills but will be asking someone with more experience before any purchase.
If a $130 do the job, why not? The idea is to have a good mill for less for all the"shareholders " and probably some good local brewing friends.

Join a local Brew club could be of benefit, for mill and grains.

KK 3 roller was a touch under $200 have put 300kg through it in 6 months performs great.

Brewhart said:
KK 3 roller was a touch under $200 have put 300kg through it in 6 months performs great.
Hi Brewhart
Where about can I find it? 300kg sounds like a good 2years worth for me.

my keg king 2 roller has gone through a good 5 or 6 sacks of grain and is still working just fine

Back