Grain Mill Help!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garyhead.design

Reaction score
On Monday whilst using my malt muncher mill one of the adjuster knobs fell off and I can't find it. I searched the floor and filtered the grain, but no missing knob.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get a replacement or a work around to get the mill going again?

Whoever you purchased it off (assuming you bought new) should be able to help you.

So it turns out Peakhurst (The Retailer) and Keg King (The Distributor) don't stock the replacement part....

So I'm screwed :(

Does anyone have any ideas?

might sound dumb try a hardware store like master's or bunnings..a allen key type screw/bolt

surely a bolt with the same sized thread would do the trick?

Try taking the unit to a local metal / engineering shop that does small jobs and they should be able to nut out (pun) something for you. I got such a shop to turn my Marga crank handle into a "drill bit" for me and it cost about $15.

Take it into one of the nut and bolt type places. They will have something to get you going for next to nothing.

Take a picture of the other adjusting knob so we can see what your talking about. (don't lose it). Someone here will be able to help you out.

Batz

As Batz said, post a photo, it's hard to imagine one of those adjuster knobs just falling off.

This is the sucker, so it doesn't have a thread. Ive never seen anything else like it.

Missing Part.jpg

never seen anything like that before.
How long have you had the mill? If it's still under warranty take it back and get a replacement.

brentice said:
Bang a dowel pin of the appropriate diameters and fannies your uncles daughter you have fantasies about
It looks like it's turned off centre, this would give the roller adjustment when it is turned. You need a mate with a lathe.

batz

as Batz said, it has been turned off centre so you can adjust the gap, you will need to find a lathe and someone that can turn it up for you, I wouldn't bother with the knurling as it would add unnecessary cost.
Also it might help to indicate where you are as there might be a generous fitter & turner near by that could make one for you.

cheers steve

If all fails near you PM me, I can help you out.

Batz

Cheers guys,

I'm talking to the guys at conner brew ware, if that falls through we'll see how we go. I'm pretty useless with this kind of stuff, a career in advertising doesn't leave me with many practical skill for fixing shit.... :p

Back