Grafton Show Home Brewing Competition 2015

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At $40 a night its still better than the crappiest of motels....and I should know from all the years spend travelling and staying in pub & motels

Ducatiboy stu said:
Plenty left. I will book you one if you need
That'd be great! I'll only be there saturday night. Shoot me a pm if i need to transfer dosh, otherwise ill pay on the day.

Looking forward to it, sampled one of the longnecks of my entry, it warranted a second bottle being opened to confirm my thoughts about the first.

Arghonaut said:
That'd be great! I'll only be there saturday night. Shoot me a pm if i need to transfer dosh, otherwise ill pay on the day.

Looking forward to it, sampled one of the longnecks of my entry, it warranted a second bottle being opened to confirm my thoughts about the first.
Just pay when you turn up.

Your name will be in the book.

Just an old school pub. Nothing fancy

For those that know Tidal Pete, There will be a milk crate at the border with an envelope.

In that envelope will be his Visa to enter into NSW

As I have seen his name, in pencil, written in the big book that sits behind the bar with all the room bookings, I felt that I should get his Visa ready for him.

Welcome to NSW, and Welcome to Grafton. Tidal Pete and rdeVjun

I can see this getting very very messy later on in the night...
Matt, would 200-300ml Piccolo wine bottles bottles be too small for the spirits classes?
A friend has just given me a dozen and I thought they'd be perfect for entering in that class without sending in too much of my delicious hooch :lol:

sp0rk said:
I can see this getting very very messy later on in the night...
Matt, would 200-300ml Piccolo wine bottles bottles be too small for the spirits classes?
A friend has just given me a dozen and I thought they'd be perfect for entering in that class without sending in too much of my delicious hooch :lol:
You mean your essence flavoured Vodka

That is completely correct, my bottle of store bought stoli that has essence and some oak chips in it

Many thanks Stu, Bribie & ors for taking care of bookings etc. TPV acquisition will be transacted en route as arranged and we will send for him next Summer when there is finally some room back here once all the cockroach blowins have gone back to where they really belong. ;)

Sent a Pale and Stout up for the Show.
First time for me.
Looking Forward to the results coming back.
Wish I could be there for Sat night .
May you create Legends Gents.

RdeVjun said:
Many thanks Stu, Bribie & ors for taking care of bookings etc. TPV acquisition will be transacted en route as arranged and we will send for him next Summer when there is finally some room back here once all the cockroach blowins have gone back to where they really belong. ;)
At you can keep the toads. We dont really need them here

1,447km
distance

16hr19min
duration

there goes my idea of getting the scoot out and burning up there incognito

sounds like great fun to be had - pics would be nice, or it didn't happen

I will be driving through Coffs on Monday and need a little more clarification on the multiple smaller bottles part of things, as my stock of bottles is dwindling. Would the following be right or is there another standard?

1. 1x tallie + 2x stubbie

2. 3x 500ml

3. 4x stubbie

Really only Longnecks that are traditionely accepted, but I am sure the rules can be bent

I may or may not need a room at Roches now :/
Mrs sp0rk's mum had a minor stroke this week and will be in hospital for a few weeks until she can walk again
We've decided Mrs sp0rk should probably stay behind and look after her mum
I'm chasing up with a mate if he wants to come along and spectate and I'll crash at his place, hopefully I'll know in the next day or 2 if I'll need a room booked

Thanks for the pmed explanation Matt.

Had a major catastrophe in the kitchen this arvo removing labels for the comp. I would not recommend using a knife to remove labels (although it was fast and dry) as explosions may occur! I must have shook them up too much in the process, but two 500ml bottles went bang 5min apart. It took hours upon hours to clean up and luckily the baby was asleep and not in the same room. I am super worried about him getting glass in him even after 2 different vacummes and a mop.

Anyone got good ideas for protection of their bottles while conditioning? Anyway here are some pics. IMG_20150412_150956.jpgIMG_20150412_151620.jpgIMG_20150412_151633.jpg

Dae Tripper said:
Anyone got good ideas for protection of their bottles while conditioning?
Are you sure you are not over priming? Takes a fair bit of pressure to blow up a bottle! I mainly keg, but bottle a few in swing tops from most batches, and use plastic long necks for comps / case swaps etc. No issues with explosions!

If this hasn't already been covered: If submitting a number of bottles by post, how do we indicate on the bottles which brew is which? I can't find a bottle label template and note in the rules that labels aren't required.

Bribie G said:
If this hasn't already been covered: If submitting a number of bottles by post, how do we indicate on the bottles which brew is which? I can't find a bottle label template and note in the rules that labels aren't required.
Some sort of detachable label or tag would be fine. One of each bottle can have an optional label for display purposes.

So I've sorted a room at my mate's place and he'll be tagging along to the judging with me
Looking forward to the day :)

Latest posts

Back