Grafton Show Home Brewing Competition 2015

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grainer said:
Well I just labelled all bottles.. they look super pretty :)
What are you using to do the labels with.
I tried to label mine & they were just crap so I took them off.

Crusty said:
What are you using to do the labels with.
I tried to label mine & they were just crap so I took them off.
I just did colour printed labels designed from photoshop and used clear packaging tape (to protect the label) carefully joined to make the labels and trimmed them off with a scalpel blade. Its not professional but I am a home brewer after all .. and it is the love of brewing rather than being a professional printer!!

Heres one of them :) A braggot label .. Honey care of a good friend.

LABEL READY BRAGGOT.jpg

Grainer said:
I just did colour printed labels designed from photoshop and used clear packaging tape (to protect the label) carefully joined to make the labels and trimmed them off with a scalpel blade. Its not professional but I am a home brewer after all .. and it is the love of brewing rather than being a professional printer!!

Heres one of them :) A braggot label .. Honey care of a good friend.
Wow! Very impressive.

I see there is some competition in the mead section this year...
I thought I may have had it all wrapped up but I see you are the one wrapping today :p or is it just a stout you have?

Bribie G said:
Spork, are you coming up on the train or driving?
Driving up, I'll most likely be too fooked to think about waking up before midday sunday...

Dae Tripper said:
I see there is some competition in the mead section this year...
I thought I may have had it all wrapped up but I see you are the one wrapping today :p or is it just a stout you have?
mead category .. I must say best braggot I have ever had.. no pressure .. lol .. haha

Cant wait to taste this then Grainer :)

I had plans of doing a mead, but the honey is still in a big bucket staring at me everytime I walk past.

Damn, I'm entering a mead also (just the honey, water & yeast variety). It's pretty good but a few more months would have been nice. Like Dae Tripper, I was expecting less entries than, for example, the pale ale category. Oh well, like Shaunous says, we'll have fun necking it.

Maybe.. I should send my pure meads lol... there is still time so you have some more competition ..

Grainer said:
Maybe.. I should send my pure meads lol... there is still time so you have some more competition ..
The more you send, the more we'll drink. This will make you legally liable for unwanted pregnancies, AVOs, broken bones and contusions, people getting stuck in cat doors, divorces, bail money, lost shoes and ingestion of questionable food products at 2am.

Problem is it costs $25 just to send the entries!! That's a good 6pack !!

Lincoln2 said:
The more you send, the more we'll drink. This will make you legally liable for unwanted pregnancies, AVOs, broken bones and contusions, people getting stuck in cat doors, divorces, bail money, lost shoes and ingestion of questionable food products at 2am.
And thats before it gets dark....

At least the Taxi's run in the wee hours of the morning, ...aint that right Shaun .....although my taxi ride was only 3 blocks...at 3am... :ph34r:

Arghonaut said:
Dropped my entry in to Matt at the Count Brewer today. Looking forward to next Saturday!
ooohhh...another newbie to break in....

Latest posts

Back