Grafton Show Home Brewing Competition 2015

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roches is like a Mars Colony, everything you need to support life without having to go out of the airlock. And about 25 mins refreshing walk to the Showground up main street.

edit: and if you are a good walker it's only about 20 mins from the rail on foot, over the Mighty Clarence then follow the side street and you are there.

grafton 1.jpg

Thanks to the Crown Hotel Motel for being a supporter of the event once more. Situated in the heart of Historic Grafton, on the banks of the magnificent Clarence River in Northern New South Wales. The Crown Hotel is family owned and operated, and is a Heritage building with the bar, dining, and function rooms on the ground floor, and accommodation rooms on the first floor. Features Coopers, Grafton Bitter and more on tap.

www.crownhotelmotel.com

Nice looking pub and I see they did promote the comp last year.

100_1256.JPG

better hurry up and send those entries your way

At this rate I'm going to enter my beer under someone else's name! Temp controlled freezer died a few days ago, was out all day yesterday and the day was way hotter than forecast, fermenters were at 29 degrees when I got home, my ice brick attempt at temp control failed. One has almost finished 30 hours after pitching and the other has only dropped two points.

Arghonaut said:
At this rate I'm going to enter my beer under someone else's name! Temp controlled freezer died a few days ago, was out all day yesterday and the day was way hotter than forecast, fermenters were at 29 degrees when I got home, my ice brick attempt at temp control failed. One has almost finished 30 hours after pitching and the other has only dropped two points.
call it hopped whiskey and distill it!

sp0rk said:
call it hopped whiskey and distill it!
It actually didn't taste too bad when i took a hydro sample. Will wait and see..... threw in a dry hop of centennial + citra for good measure, hiding the imperfections behind a wall of hops!

Somebody dropped in the home brew competition brochure to my work today but I had the day off.
Thank you to whoever you are.
Cheers

Crusty said:
Somebody dropped in the home brew competition brochure to my work today but I had the day off.
Thank you to whoever you are.
Cheers
Some good samaritan no doubt......

Arghonaut said:
I laughed at this post and then instant karma struck and the temp controller on my fermenting fridge crapped out - unfixable. Luckily, one of the founding members of Kyogle Gentlemen Brewers is a fridge mechanic. So I wander down the road and lo and behold he has second hand unit, better than the original.

All I had to do was feed him beers and skip over any INXS songs that came up on the ipod/stereo playlist. Not because he thinks they're rubbish, it's just that their music prompts painful memories of a romantic relationship back in the day. We decided that we would sit and watch the temp drop back down to 16c and drink more beers because it was a hot afternoon and the price of good beer is eternal vigilance.

Lincoln2 said:
I laughed at this post and then instant karma struck and the temp controller on my fermenting fridge crapped out - unfixable. Luckily, one of the founding members of Kyogle Gentlemen Brewers is a fridge mechanic. So I wander down the road and lo and behold he has second hand unit, better than the original.

All I had to do was feed him beers and skip over any INXS songs that came up on the ipod/stereo playlist. Not because he thinks they're rubbish, it's just that their music prompts painful memories of a romantic relationship back in the day. We decided that we would sit and watch the temp drop back down to 16c and drink more beers because it was a hot afternoon and the price of good beer is eternal vigilance.
Damn, need to track down a fridge mechanic and entice them to join CRABS :p

Just kegged/bottled the two beers. The one that fermented out fully in 30 hours is actually quite good and a passable APA, so i bottled some of them and will enter it. The other one tastes like a bad curry that has been left out for a week, so i bottled up some of them and will enter them ​under sp0rks name.

Back