Grafton Show Home Brewing Competition 2015

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arghonaut said:
Dropped my entry in to Matt at the Count Brewer today. Looking forward to next Saturday!
Good to see you didn't miss out this year Argho. Hopefully it makes it easier for you 'Coffs' guys having Country Brewer at Toormina forwarding entries. (And thanks to Country Brewer for doing this!)

For anyone else delivering entries to Country Brewer at Toormina, dont forget the cut off for them is Close Of Business Tuesday 21st April. [SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]

After that entries can be dropped in at the Grafton Showground, and these will close Friday 24th April at 6pm.

Crusty said:
This is shaping up to be a pretty big event.
And yes Crusty, you are welcome to drop in some extra tasters like you did last year. Hope you make it to the judging this year.

Thanks Matt.
I'll be at the judging but drank a little too much from the kegs before bottling. I'll see how many I can fill with what's left in the kegs. I should be able to bring a few tallies of one of the entries at least. I can only hang around for a couple of hours unfortunately. Looking forward to it.
Cheers

Hey Stu, does the hotel guest accommodation have a common room with a fridge and microwave? If so I'll bring along my Ayurvedic Kitchari for breakfasts, last trip I couldn't find anything worth eating except for a couple of crowded hipster places serving full English breakfasts. I don't do crowded. :p
Also the food court at the shopping town where I had a dreadful sort of toasted wrap thing served by a couple of sour ladies who looked like they should have been doling out soup at Auschwitz.

yep, there is a small kitchenette with micorwave and fridge/freezer.

There is a great cafe just around the corener from the pub in the main street, they do really good breakfasts and coffee

Hey Brewers, it's probably time to talk about what we're planning to wear??! I'd hate to arrive wearing the same outfit as someone else; sooo embarassing. So let's coordinate outfits. Shaunous, Stu, Matt, Spork, Argo, Sean, what ensembles did you have in mind?

sp0rk said:
I may or may not need a room at Roches now :/
Mrs sp0rk's mum had a minor stroke this week and will be in hospital for a few weeks until she can walk again
We've decided Mrs sp0rk should probably stay behind and look after her mum
I'm chasing up with a mate if he wants to come along and spectate and I'll crash at his place, hopefully I'll know in the next day or 2 if I'll need a room booked
Sorry to hear about the mother-in-law but it's a shame Mrs sp0rk won't be there...

Lincoln2 said:
Hey Brewers, it's probably time to talk about what we're planning to wear??! I'd hate to arrive wearing the same outfit as someone else; sooo embarassing. So let's coordinate outfits. Shaunous, Stu, Matt, Spork, Argo, Sean, what ensembles did you have in mind?
I shall wear something discreet.

Lincoln2 said:
I will be in shorts, T-Shirt, hat & thongs, Standard brewing uniform.

Lincoln2 said:
Hey Brewers, it's probably time to talk about what we're planning to wear??! I'd hate to arrive wearing the same outfit as someone else; sooo embarassing.
Thought i might wear clothes. Guess that rules them out for you.

Lincoln2 said:
Sorry to hear about the mother-in-law but it's a shame Mrs sp0rk won't be there...
Thanks mate, she's on the mend now and making good progress, they're saying she should make a full recovery with hard work
Mrs sp0rk said she'll miss you this year, she was looking forward to it ;)

Hard work? Get her to hoist your bag and clean your kegs. :ph34r:
As the carer of a stroke victim myself, that's the way to go. Show no mercy. (is that grist mashed yet, why not?) ha.

Hey local men, is there a bus service on Saturdays that goes past the Showground?

Edit:

Stu, final booking tally:

Bribie G: fri, sat, one room
RdeVjun: sat, one room
Tidal Pete: sat, one room

All tickets now booked on the rattler.

Bribie G said:
Hey local men, is there a bus service on Saturdays that goes past the Showground?
If you mean from Roches to the showground, there would be in the afternoon, but whenever the event finishes not sure.

It will be much easier to hitch a ride with someone that is going along to avoid waiting, and you still have to walk to the bus stop in any case.

I don't finish work till 1:30 on Saturday & will be heading straight up from Yamba.
I can pick 3 people up at least if anyone needs a lift over to the showground.
I've got the toddler seat in the car so 3 max unless someone wants to get in the boot.
I should be traveling through around 2:30-2:45pm.

Brew Matt said:
If you mean from Roches to the showground, there would be in the afternoon, but whenever the event finishes not sure.

It will be much easier to hitch a ride with someone that is going along to avoid waiting, and you still have to walk to the bus stop in any case.
Last year, going home to the pub was quite easy

Left foot down
Right foot down
Left foot.. down I think
ah that worked
Now Right foot down

Crusty said:
I don't finish work till 1:30 on Saturday & will be heading straight up from Yamba.
I can pick 3 people up at least if anyone needs a lift over to the showground.
I've got the toddler seat in the car so 3 max unless someone wants to get in the boot.
I should be traveling through around 2:30-2:45pm.
PM sent

just booked a room at roches Friday and sat nite so i'll see you there might see you for a beer Friday nite bribie
cheers
ken

Back