Getting back into brewing after 10 years off

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berazafi

Reaction score
Hi All

Wow its a lot more quite in here than it used to be, no one in chat.

At least not much has changed except you can now get gear everywhere it seems, I remember when Ross started selling hops that we couldn't get. Now that store is huge.

Yeah all the newbies have grown up and moved on .

I'm in the same boat, just getting back into it. Plan to make less but better quality this time round.

Liam_snorkel said:
A lot of active members didn't survive the patient enforcement of basic social etiquette and respect of others.
FTFY

Sorry, but people who got banned had ample warning and plenty of chances. They made their choices.

I joined about a year before the forum rules started being enforced, and though I am still sad for the loss of some highly knowledgeable and experienced brewers, I have to admit I find the environment on the forum to be immensely better since the general removal of aggressive bitchiness.

The forum regulations boil down to "don't be a dickhead".
The dickheads got banned.

Spelling Nazi B)

berazifi, Welcome back to the obsession.

Forums (or should that be Fora) change over time. For example I used to be fairly active the DTV digital TV and, stuff, forum. 10 years ago it was all biffo with huge arguments raging about whether plasma was superior to LCD, would digital TVs ever sell for less than $1000, how dare Channel 7 claim that 568p was high definition, is Blu-Ray ever going to be affordable.................
Now of course just about everything is settled, nothing much to get excited about any more and they've even renamed the DTV forum as the AV forum and generally crap on about speakers and Arduinos.

Our forum here went through a similar process: You can't use BIAB to make lagers, no chilling will give you botulism, etc.
However as you have noticed yourself there are more suppliers of top quality ingredients and equipment than you can poke a stick at, and, as you will find if you browse around, the BIAB haters have slunk away, no chilling is quite mainstream, kits aren't sneered at any more and all is peace and light.

We generally crap on about recipes, tweaks and of course Arduinos.

Whatever they are.

Arduino is an open-source electronics platform based on easy-to-use hardware and software.

Hope that helps.

And welcome back berazafi

Man that gave me an Arduino on.

Pity Chappo doesn't post bikini models anymore :unsure:

And whatever happened to goats?

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1463559094.240273.jpg

Bribie G said:
Man that gave me an Arduino on.

Pity Chappo doesn't post bikini models anymore :unsure:

And whatever happened to goats?

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1463561192.515122.jpg

Is this what you were after Bribie?

technobabble66 said:
You didn't fix anything, was I wrong? I didn't even say say why, just when. They were active posters who had contributed to the forum in various ways over years, but didn't survive that short period of time. Meh.

Its funny, I used to be one of the moderators/admins back in 2006. It all must have turned bad shortly after I left the scene

Black Devil Dog said:
He's a man of mystery. This is the only known photo of him. :ph34r:

13221642_1094269937297772_183515005370315285_n.jpg
People don't like the owner since he promotes Dos Equis

Latest posts

Back