Gasmate 2 Ring Burner Question

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blazar

Reaction score
[SIZE=medium]G’day AHB,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I’m wondering if someone can shed some light on a possible issue with my Gasmate 2 Ring Burner. I’m pretty dense when it comes to hardware and stuff like that, so that combined with the lack of instructions that came with the burner may mean I’ve put it together wrong.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Basically the hose with regulator attached secures into the burner with two screws (which are as soft as butter) and a spring-loaded “wheel”. I’ve put it all together and fired it up (attached to a standard 9kg cylinder), and the flame can only be described as very soft and orange and wave-like, is this correct as I would have thought the flame would be shorter and bluer.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Apologies if this doesn’t make much sense – Mondayitis.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Cheers,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Ben.[/SIZE]

Hey Blazar, It needs some more primary air to make the mixture lean enough to burn cleanly.
You should have some adjustable shutters near the jets on the burner, open them up until it burns cleanly.
I have removed the shutters from this 3 ring burner.

IMG_0794 (960x1280).jpg

That picture makes perfect sense mate, [SIZE=11pt]that’s the “spring loaded wheel” I was referring to. Thanks again mate will try it tonight. Now to sort out a stand to get the burner off the concrete![/SIZE]

Latest posts

Back