Ring burner running dirty flame

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
law-of-ohms said:
Can u take a picture of it running?
Finished, sorry :p

I just got it to a good rolling boil from room temp in about 30 minutes, from a 60+ degree mash I reckon it will only take 20.

Already emptied the water into empty cubes to cool down (may as well use it for the garden).

Thanks for the help everyone - seems it was as simple as the quick disconnect cutting the gas down.

I don't want to think about how that $25 POS cost me in gas and time now.

I'm really relived it came good.

elcarter said:
I don't want to think about how that $25 POS cost me in gas and time now.
Guessing you used it with the quick connector the whole time?

Yep, maybe with a bigger reg later on and that quick disconnect out of the system you might be double batching in no time.

Hope it serves you well It's made quite a lot of good beer so far.

elcarter said:
Yep, maybe with a bigger reg later on and that quick disconnect out of the system you might be double batching in no time.

Hope it serves you well It's made quite a lot of good beer so far.
Double batching will probably need a bigger pot and definitely a bigger mash tun than I have. I don't mind, I'm happy to have 10 different things in bottles at once ;)

Took some shitty footage of the difference between the low and adjustable regulators.
Didn't turn the adjustable one up anywhere near full pressure, didn't want it to blow the flame off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy hell damoninja that made a big difference........That should get you to the boil fairly quickly :D

So I just got the thing running for about 15 minutes to boil some water / sanitise some jars for chilli sauce and the outside ring just won't stay alight.

Was OK for 10 minutes roaring away, when POP it backfired and wouldn't light again without backfiring even with the air intake all the way closed.
Having said this, it held a nice 15 litres of water with just the inner and middle rings without a problem.

Hoping to hopefully this doesn't cause me any issues with tomorrow's brew ;/

Apparently it runs better without the outside ring at all :blink:

Looks like the outer ring was just wasting gas.

Back