Gas Refill In Sydney - Swap N Go Alternative?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captaincleanoff

Kings Cross Brewery
Reaction score
I'm using the Italian spiral burner and am ripping through the gas

Large swap n go cylinders from the servo cost around $35 which is starting to hurt a bit...

I'm in willoughby, which is just near the industrial area in artarmon. Any know anywhere where I could get cheaper gas?

Usually buying your own cylinder (from like big w or bunnings) and having them filled at a servo is cheaper

ahhh.. didnt even know that was an option.. so how much does this set one back?

and do only LPG servos do it?

ahhh.. didnt even know that was an option.. so how much does this set one back?

and do only LPG servos do it?

Bottle usually between $30-50 and refills from $15-$30 depending on where you go. So obviously shopping around is worth it. I noticeds bottles at bunnings for around $32 (mayble less? $20something....) and then shop around for gas.

You can normall fill up from hardware stores etc and petrol stations aswell as camping stores with the petrol stations usually being the cheapest. Keep an eye out for the signs. Not all stations do it, and does not depent on "LPG" (as in car) supply as they gas tanks are seperate

Large swap n go cylinders from the servo cost around $35 which is starting to hurt a bit...

I'm in willoughby, which is just near the industrial area in artarmon. Any know anywhere where I could get cheaper gas?

Some of the cheapest GAS refills I have been seeing are in the big chain camping stores. I have a Ray's Outdoor near me that does a good rate, I can't remember the pricing accurately but when I was last refilling it was better than a servo or swap over.

I am pretty sure BCF also does filling at competitive rates.

I'd like to add that the Swap and Go option appears to be the most expensive as it is probably the most convenient.

I use quite a bit of gas too, and have two 9kg cylinders, which I bought at Big W some time back.

While I live on the southside of Sydney, I explored cost options in my area, together with advice from other posters here, and discovered a no-name independent servo on the Princes Highway at Rockdale that did refills for HALF the price of Swap and Go's at the time.

It is well worthwhile having a bit of a look around and supporting a servo that refills and sells cheaper, they are definately out there, Cheerz Wab

I know it's not much help for you at Willoughby, but for those in the inner west, Rays Outdoor World at Camperdown and Home Hardware at Annandale do refills.

David.

CC

I know it is not close but Mitre 10 Narellen has always been $17.50 for 9kg as long as I can remember

One servo on the Merrylands road $12.50 for 9kg

you should not have to pay over $20 if you look around and in those throw away papers which oftenn have them advertised

pumpy

CC

I know it is not close but Mitre 10 Narellen has always been $17.50 for 9kg as long as I can remember

One servo on the Merrylands road $12.50 for 9kg

you should not have to pay over $20 if you look around and in those throw away papers which oftenn have them advertised

pumpy

Pumpy, The Caltex at Leppington is $12.95 for 9kg. Cheapest I've found anywhere in Macarthur.

Incase your not aware, you can get the swap & go cylinders refilled same as if you bought a new cylinder.

$19.99 to refill 9kg at a servo up here in gosford

Just came back from South Australia

They only charge you for what you get

ie

they weigh the bottle , fill it up and charge the difference

you can partially fill a bottle

Latest posts

Back