Gas burner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philired1

Reaction score
Hi all
I have just done my first BIAB using a 19 litre pot. I used the gas stove in the kitchen but was unable to get a good rolling boil. I am thinking of getting a gas burner (2 ring) 18.5Mj/h which is about 17500 BTU,s. Would this be suitable . If not what size would be appropriate.

Go 3 ring then you can do 30ltr boils in the future without needing to buy a new buner

As ducati said, buy bigger than you need first up, that way there is half a chance you only buy once! (same goes for when you are looking for pots, skip the 50 and straight for the 80 :p).
In that case better get a spiral burner now so later you just need a new reg for big boils (when you get the big pot).

Cheers,
D80

Ducatiboy stu said:
Go 3 ring then you can do 30ltr boils in the future without needing to buy a new buner
Be sure to also purchase a chimney sweeps brush as you will need it to clean the 1 inch of soot on the bottom after 60 min under the Aussie 3 ring burner. I really dont know why LPG is used here. my back garden looks like a scene from Oliver Twist once I am done with the boil and trying to clean up

I never had a problem with soot buildup on my 4 ring burner. Just had to make sure the rings (blocking plates) on the intakes where the valves are were open fully.

I also advocate drilling out each hole every now and then with a drill bit slightly smaller.

As slcmorro said a drill bit in the holes just big enough to take the rough edges off the casting is all you need to stop the burner from sootimg up

smcc3573 said:
Be sure to also purchase a chimney sweeps brush as you will need it to clean the 1 inch of soot on the bottom after 60 min under the Aussie 3 ring burner.
Crap

It means you havnt adjusted the air intake vents. You should be getting a nice blue tipped flame. If not the then it isnt adjusted properly

smcc3573 said:
Be sure to also purchase a chimney sweeps brush as you will need it to clean the 1 inch of soot on the bottom after 60 min under the Aussie 3 ring burner. I really dont know why LPG is used here. my back garden looks like a scene from Oliver Twist once I am done with the boil and trying to clean up
As the others have said, your adjuster discs aren't set properly
I have been using a 3 ring burner for around 5 years now and no soot

Latest posts

Back