Funniest Beer Name?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newguy

To err is human, to arrr is pirate
Reaction score
What's the funniest/strangest name you've called one of your brews? I once named a beer "Krusty Brand Gelatinated Non-Dairy Gum-Based Product" [yes, I watch The Simpsons]. When it comes to naming a beer when I enter it in a competition, I always try to choose a name that is going to make someone laugh. At one of my club's competitions, someone named a beer "Lay Down Woman". :D

hmm... this is going to be a long thread i can feel it now!

i'd have to look thru my brew log but they are always creative

helped a mate brew a weizen the othe day he asked for something easy drinking his mates, so we named it "i have a vagina weizen"

we had a club brew the other day called "Intergalactic Gargle Blaster" and i recall my mate Brian on the phone calling his beer "Bartyslartfast"

i've got a few regulars i do like "jaded moth amber ale" and "lazy eye porter" that i think are pretty decent and always get questioned about them.

At times I come up with outrageously stupid names just because I feel like it. In my 'to brew' list is a milk stout I might call 'better than Chinese milk stout', I've made 'porter power', 'go back to where you came from, foreign extra stout', 'Davey spice'...

Hmm, these are really bad...

I usually try and come up with something with a bit of a pun or meaningful to the beer...

3 Orange Wits (You'd have to be a real Blues Brothers fan to get that one though)
Mild Thing. This then continued on...
Mild Thing III - It came from Downstairs

Bob's Your Dunkelweizen
De Connery (Belgian Pale Ale)
DSaazter
E=SB2 I also made E=SB3 and 4 but I think it's losing relevance as it is raised another power...
Meekan Mild

Pregnant Pause Porter for my first child
Pregnant Pauses Porter and Knees Up Mother Brown for the second...

A mate of mine who really likes other blokes was a big fan of Tassie beers such as Boags so I made him a Strongarm clone and called it Limpwrist Bitter, complete with a clone of the Strongarm label with the hand turned the other way....
Before anyone takes any offense at that I would point out that this was made with him in mind and him alone and is not a comment on anyones preferences for anything or an stereotyping.
He thought it was hilarious...

I went through a period (No pun intended :) ) when I first started AG where I dreamed up a few strange ones such as Milly Mopheads Magic Malt (A reference to the missus's hairstyle at the time).
Another one was Barliman Butterburr's Bigtime Bitter ( Can any "Lord of the Rings fans recall who Barliman Butterburr was & where he lived?).

TP. :beer:

Can any "Lord of the Rings fans recall who Barliman Butterburr was & where he lived?

An easy one, TP. Owner and barman of the Prancing Pony, Bree.

Oops, I've outed myself as a LOTR fan now. Doh. :icon_cheers:

Made a broken toe lager some years back.

The other half managed to drop a 1.7Kg tin of goop from bench height onto her little toe with predictable results.

I named an APA "Twisted Gut", in honour of the MIL's surgery on just that problem.

wanted to call an aussie bitter 'far ken kent ale' - but my girlfriend kept on getting offeneded :( - so I smacked her one and named it that anyway :)

I remember finding a post on Chilli and Vanilla beer and Bonj suggesting to call it Chilli Vanili... I thought that was quite funny.

wanted to call an aussie bitter 'far ken kent ale' - but my girlfriend kept on getting offeneded :( - so I smacked her one and named it that anyway :)

:lol: So ruthless... But in a funny way :icon_cheers:

hmm... this is going to be a long thread i can feel it now!

i'd have to look thru my brew log but they are always creative

helped a mate brew a weizen the othe day he asked for something easy drinking his mates, so we named it "i have a vagina weizen"

we had a club brew the other day called "Intergalactic Gargle Blaster" and i recall my mate Brian on the phone calling his beer "Bartyslartfast"

i've got a few regulars i do like "jaded moth amber ale" and "lazy eye porter" that i think are pretty decent and always get questioned about them.
How about RandyRobsRoggen-Recipe ? All mine are called "Black Betty" what ever or four eyed bitch beer.
GB

The first AG we did was an APA, best homebrew we had ever tasted :icon_cheers: ... at that stage.

Anyway, called it "The Panty Dropper", because we figured the ladies would drink it like it was going out of fashion with predictable results.

Got my current girlfriend the night we premiered that beer :icon_chickcheers:

In keeping with outback tradition, I`ve done a couple of "Big Cuntry Bitters"
Not very imaginative, I know, but they were loaded with Chinook and Green Bullet.
Yeeeeccchhh. :eek:

staggalee.

Latest posts

Back