Funniest Beer Name?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some great names... gotta love an 18+ forum for the best in happy grown-up humour. :)

Cheers - Fermented.

Stu,
Don't forget that Gandalf put a spell on Barliman's beers & made them the best ales in Bree. :D

TP :beer:

TP, I was having a very strange beer tonight, Alba Scots Pine ale. Huge resin hit. Anyway, looking at the ingredients (no hops of course) it had Malted Barley Bree. So it appears it's a Scottish word for malt liquor from barley. Of course, it's not surprising that Tolkien was using an archaic word in an appropriate way, but thought I'd just mention it and appear even more geeky in every way. :rolleyes:

American Brown Ale: Divine Brown :icon_cheers:

3 hail mary's & 10 divine brown's as penance for your impure thoughts. :)

The Foster's Development Group informed us at the ANHC that one of their competing markets is 'Functional Drinks'.
Now I have no idea what they are but a few of us immediately wondered if that makes beer dysfunctional....
Thus, Dysfunctional Pale Ale, or whatever beer type best suits, is definitely on my list of future names...

I'll be using "Miami Weiss" as the name for my hefeweizens.

For some reason your beer name jogged my memory. I can't take credit for this. A member of my club named his hefeweizen "Hefe 'nother". ;)

"Bickering Bush Brew"

bickering bush is the name of the place that William Wallace had his first fracus with the english.

When i brewed my first AG is was a scottish 80 and with my surname (wallace) I thought it appropriate.

newkbrownomicon the lesser known evil book containing the recipe for a brown ale

God I miss John Candy.........

Blues Brothers has to be one of the best films ever......

Dont you mean John Belushi mate :p

Im not really that imaginative with beer names........ im a precticalist and a flash name dont make it taste any better :lol:

Im fermenting my second batch od Sheep Shagger but i found out after there is a scottish beer with that name. Mine is made with lots of NZ hops to American IPA specs. ITs actually the Golden Fleece IPA but its known as the sheep shagger to all who have drank it.

I still have a beer label i got from Warren with "Mr Hankeys Brown Ale" on it......... Hiiiiiidy Hooooo.

love it

cheers

post_427_1148020560_thumb.jpg

sheep_shagger_1.jpg

Just started to sus out my list of beers/drinks to brew and have used some names above as well as:

Apple Cider = Grannies Crabbes
Ginger Beer = Ranga Banga
American amber/pale ale hybrid = Yank Tank
English Brown with Fuggles = Fuggly Bruno
Wheat beer = Coeliacs Curse

I guess not really funny, just different.

John, you have left out the most important beer that exists in the Shallow Throat Brewing Range; Flaccid Cock Ale. It is not on the website and only available to the mail order bride club.

Scotty...yes it is:

Flaccid Cock Ale

Our top selling variety, this big malty beer, made using Golden Promise, Munich, Crystal and a touch of wheat malt has a wonderfull soft mouthfeel delicately balanced with English Fuggles hops. It is the rich copper hue of the traditional Molongolo ales. Its low carbonation is typical of the style.

One Swallow Summer Ale

A delightfully easy to swallow summer ale, it pours with a thick creamy-white persistent head. A single ale malt beer the use of Amarillo and Saaz hops for the flavour and aroma and its relatively high carbonation make it real session beer.

Goosed Gose

Based on the beers of Liepzig this wheat beer is slightly cloudy but very lively. It is very lghtly hopped with Perle hops and gains its spice from the addition of coriander and salt. Whilst the salty palte may not be everyones taste on a hot summers afternoon it really goes down a treat

K

I once named a Hef of mine "He's not Hefe, He's my brother"

Will be doing MK II sometime soon (when my yeast arrives most likely!!)

Cheers

Dont you mean John Belushi mate :p

Im not really that imaginative with beer names........ im a precticalist and a flash name dont make it taste any better :lol:

Im fermenting my second batch od Sheep Shagger but i found out after there is a scottish beer with that name. Mine is made with lots of NZ hops to American IPA specs. ITs actually the Golden Fleece IPA but its known as the sheep shagger to all who have drank it.

I still have a beer label i got from Warren with "Mr Hankeys Brown Ale" on it......... Hiiiiiidy Hooooo.

love it

cheers

Guess what?

Turns out theres actually a beer down near Christchurch called Sheep Shagger Lager, but its only brewed and sold on premises and theres no take away...

Nice... gotta get the 80's style pastel label happening for that one, Rukh!

I might need your help for that one, Petesbrew.

FYI - I just came up with another dodgy name, this time for a Southern German lager. Conan the Bavarian! :p

Commercially I liked the name 'Dogs Bullocks'. Was $2 a pint at Club UK in Melbourne back in the day.

Can you guess what it tasted like?

Back