• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Fs: Test Tube Packages (20x Tubes, Rack, 20x Stoppers)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is it possible to get the racks separate? i got 50 tubes from you last time and a couple of racks would be great

Paul

paulwolf - sure, a few people have asked this. I am happy to accomodate this.. What I will do is send a PM reminder to people when I am about to order round two (next payday!) and people can make a list (bulk-buy style) and can specify whether they just want racks or the whole shebang.

Cheers :)

Actual photo of Sera... :ph34r:

B0000DG5UE.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

paulwolf - sure, a few people have asked this. I am happy to accomodate this.. What I will do is send a PM reminder to people when I am about to order round two (next payday!) and people can make a list (bulk-buy style) and can specify whether they just want racks or the whole shebang.

Thanks mate, you would think me chippy mate would be able to knock a dozen racks out in his spare time instaed of posting silly pictures in the forum, but alas no such luck

Rito mate, when the next order goes in, I will take 2 more packs and 2 separate racks

Paul

Hi sera

I'll take a pack next time your getting some... Let me know

Me too (1 set)

I'll be interested in the next buy as well.

Batz

Hey Siborg and Manticle (and anyone else)....what are u guys going to use these test tubes for??

Yeast slants? ANything else?

Rendo

Hi sera

I'll take a pack next time your getting some... Let me know

Sera, got your package in the mail yesterday. Thanks. The first test tube is in the fridge now.

What do you guys use to label them? Better get onto that before I have more than a few strains in the rack.

Hey Siborg and Manticle (and anyone else)....what are u guys going to use these test tubes for??

Yeast slants? ANything else?

Rendo

I am starting a small yeast library, slants and small cultures to make starters with for our brewing group

Paul

@rendo: Yeast cultures on hand is what I use them for. Previously used longnecks which, while may contain a close to pitchable amount, also take up a lot of room in the fridge.

@Jakub - I currently just suspend the yeast in boiled, cooled water which is what I was doing previously with the longnecks.

What do you guys do for agar?
you can use gelatin or what others (including myself) have done is use Agar-agar. you can get this at heaps of asian grocers. also, have a read through this (or other sites).

maple - thanks for that link. Plenty of good info and pics. I had read similar articles but wasn't sure if gelatin and DME was a widely accepted growth medium. I'm going to give it a shot.

manticle - I also keep my yeast in boiled, cooled water in jars. As well as the space issues I worry about how long they stay viable. I heard Jamil from the brewing network suggest that hefeweizen yeast is only good for a week or two before it develops off flavours. Of course I'm skeptical but I have noticed my 3068 stash developing some darker areas after about a month in the fridge. There's still plenty of good looking yeast there so I will try to decant off the dead stuff before feeding up a starter but that's what made me consider slants.

Latest posts

Back