• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Quite A Few Pyrex Test Tubes For Sale.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seravitae

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Got some test tubes for sale. Pyrex/borosilicate, 15cm tall and 1.5cm in diameter. From food grade applications only, cleaned by myself.

50 cents each pickup from my house in Capalaba, Brisbane. Available midday to middnight pretty much every night. Would prefer people to pickup as this is easier for me.

However, I will post as well, $15 for 10 anywhere in australia, including shipping. If you want more than 10 then i'm happy to combine shipping, as they don't weigh much you could probably get like 50-100 for the same shipping price.

All proceeds going towards starting a home brewing business. :) Support locals, woo!

230 left from this batch, (likely more on the way after this)

Cheers,

Seb.

Hi guys,

Got some test tubes for sale. Pyrex/borosilicate, 15cm tall and 1.5cm in diameter. From food grade applications only, cleaned by myself.

50 cents each pickup from my house in Capalaba, Brisbane. Available midday to middnight pretty much every night. Would prefer people to pickup as this is easier for me.

However, I will post as well, $15 for 10 anywhere in australia, including shipping. If you want more than 10 then i'm happy to combine shipping, as they don't weigh much you could probably get like 50-100 for the same shipping price.

All proceeds going towards starting a home brewing business. :) Support locals, woo!

230 left from this batch, (likely more on the way after this)

Cheers,

Seb.

Far from local, but how much would that work out to for 100 posted to Melb??

1-2kg from 4157 to 3000 is $16.75, so would do for say $65 even.

Hum, I don't have any stoppers off hand, however let me get back to you later today, i do have access to them.

Ok, i've ordered some stoppers to see if they fit. When these arrive (over the next few days) i'll check they are decent. If so, stoppers will probably be 50 cents each, like the test tubes.

Round bottomed?

Interested in maybe 20-25 if you can provide stoppers and I can find a rack.

Maybe a split to save on postage Sappas?

Manticle, sounds good to me. I should be able to put a couple of test tube racks together...

sap.

Round bottomed, yes :)

Waiting on first round of stoppers to arrive so I can see if they fit etc, but when I do go to buy the lot of them for the test tubes, it would be nice to know how much I need to get in one go (a-la bulk buy?) so I don't have to keep ordering them over and over again. So i might start a little list thingy... :)

230 left

Maybes:
-----------
manticle (Qty: 20-25)
sappas (Qty: ??)

Definately:
---------------
your name here!

Sap and I will put our names down for a final quantity (possibly stopper dependent) as a single order.

Tentative:

Manticle/Sappas: 75 (stopper dependent)
Mattese : 25 (Stopper dependant)

Definite:

Looks good! This could put an end to the bits and pieces I've been using thus far.

If the planets align I may even be able to pick up!!!

I will get some of these

Tentative:
Paulwolf : 25 with stoppers and postage

Definite:

Just a little advice. :)
If you're serious about yeast splitting\farming then 25 tubes won't last you long.
You'll be looking for more sooner than you think.

TP

Got to start somewhere and have limited space. At the moment it's just for maintaining a stock rather than full farming. Currently I use an entire smack pack and try to get some top cropped during ferment. Unfortunately the only thing I have to storeit in is longnecks and stubbies, which, while effective, takes up a lot of space. I realise I can split and reharvest multiple times from one pack but that's for the future.

You have made me think about upping to 50 but I couldn't get much more in the fridge than that.

Just a little advice. :)
If you're serious about yeast splitting\farming then 25 tubes won't last you long.
You'll be looking for more sooner than you think.

TP

Alright then, 50 it is

Tentative:
Paulwolf : 50 with stoppers and postage

Definite:

Quick question - are the tubes able to stand high temps? (Sanitation by autoclave etc etc)

these are borosilicate (ie pyrex) so yes, they will withstand well beyond autoclave conditions. (still waiting on first test round of stoppers, should arrive in the next few days i hope!)

Looking good. Let us know about the stoppers. Most research suggests for every 50 cent test tube is a $1-$2 stopper so if you can beat that, I'm in.

Latest posts

Back