• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

FS/FT: stainless steel mash paddle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welly2

Reaction score
Bought one of these stainless steel mash paddles a short while ago:

https://nationalhomebrew.com.au/multi-purpose-parts-and-accessories/measuring-and-mixing-equipment/other-mash-paddle-stainless-steel

Went to use it during my last brew day and discovered it's actually too big for my Grainfather. It'll fit when I don't have the malt pipe and centre tube in but when I do, I can't actually stir anything.

I'd ideally like to swap it for a more narrow stainless steel mash paddle but otherwise as it's been used for about 10 seconds previously, it's as good as brand new and so someone can have it for $35.

You just need a bigger brew rig to fit the paddle :p

n87 said:
You just need a bigger brew rig to fit the paddle :p
This is definitely the correct answer. I do have a spare keg...

Motabika said:
Where about you located?
In Marrickville, among the breweries (almost literally).

10 minutes walk to Blackfont, 15 minutes walk to Batch, 20 minutes walk to The Grifter but a 5 second stumble to my keezer. :drinks:

I'd be surprised if we haven't met at blackfont welly. I'm basically a part of the furniture there......

Mash paddles are to brewers as wands are to wizards.

As Harry Potter found out, it is not the wizard who chooses the wand, but the wand that chooses the wizard.

I have a small stainless steel mash paddle which is probably good for GF size if you want to swap.

I have the same paddle and use it with a Grainfather.

Sure it's a bit annoying always knocking the centre pipe work of the Grainfather, but it's a fine paddle so I make do.

Having just managed to get my hands on a couple of kegs, I've decided I'm going to build a bigger brewing rig. So have decided I'm going to hang onto the mash paddle. Sorry about that! I thought this hobby was about saving money!

Back