• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Fridgemate Temp Controllers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCT

Beer Nerd
Reaction score
Hey all, was just wondering if anyone knows if there is a store which stocks these?
And how much? I need to get one today and the few stores I've asked so far have come up blank.

Thanks, Mick.

you could check with the site sponsor's above!

edit: is this whatt ur looking for? linky

Make sure you read the instructions before buying, you need to get it wired and mount it in a box.

Make sure you read the instructions before buying, you need to get it wired and mount it in a box.

Is it a pretty simple job? or will i need to get a friend that does electrical stuff for work?

I found it easy to wire it up, the only thing that I didnt realise was the fact that the compressor doesnt kick in immediately, I think you setit for 9 minutes and then it kicks in, so dont despair if you have wired it up,plug it in and it doesnt work, have a beer and come back later,

the best thing I purchased for my brewing,

cheers amita

Yeah I have one too. Incredibly useful and pretty straight forward but I'd lean towards geting someone who knows what they are doing to at least look over it before you plug your little home electronics project into the mains ;)

Yeah good advise if you have any doults get someone who has wired one up, but there isn't any gremlin's real, but if you are deal with a new fridge or freezer there maybe a circuit board involved which don't like cross wiring.

The worst thing about a Fridgemate is they become a bit of a habit. Why didn't I listen when someone told me this hobby was bad for collecting firdges? For every fridge you also need a Fridgemate. I bought number three this week and I still really, really need a chest freezer... oh and another fridgemate for it too .. :blink:

lol i know what you mean.. I have 4 fridges and a chest freezer at the moment.. but im selling 2 of them soon. Just keeping 2 fridges and a chesty!

I ordered my fridgemate yesty. Am glad to see that it is ok to use it with a freezer. I have an upright freezer that I was hoping to use to ferment. Will this serve this purpose or will i need to get hold of a fridge?
Any info is appreciated. Cheers

I ordered my fridgemate yesty. Am glad to see that it is ok to use it with a freezer. I have an upright freezer that I was hoping to use to ferment. Will this serve this purpose or will i need to get hold of a fridge?
Any info is appreciated. Cheers

Mine is in use on a freezer. Excellent choice. No probs. You will find that the temp will drop about 2c below the minimum you set it at because of the higher residual cold in the freezer compared to the fridge when the compressor stops. But you will get the hang of sorting your settings in no time at all.

Cheers, Hoges.

i have one more question.. Do i have to cut the end of my freezers cord to use one of these? I have one of the growarm 0-40 thermostats on my brewing fridge and it seems to do fine at keeping the temp.. but these ones just look alot better, so i want to get one or two of them

Nah mate, you can either do the extension cord thing (cut one in half) or go all out with a Jiffy box and a power point like this;

fridgemate.jpg

Nah mate, you can either do the extension cord thing (cut one in half) or go all out with a Jiffy box and a power point like this;

View attachment 18161
Neat schooey, you just need to set it up so one plug is wired directly and the other off the fridgemate, that way you can by-pass the unit or use the second plug for a transformer to run a small PC fan for a chest freezer to circulate the air.

Yeah I have one too. Incredibly useful and pretty straight forward but I'd lean towards geting someone who knows what they are doing to at least look over it before you plug your little home electronics project into the mains ;)

Good advice, I was pretty confident wiring up my one but showed it to my sparky mate for the tick of approval before firing it up. There is also PLENTY of info on here is you search.

Fantastic unit
Plenty of control and control options.
easy and safe (i thought) to wire up, I will be buying another my beer fridge and maybe even one for the inside the house vegetable fridge.
Cheap, reliable (thus far) and highly effective..well done

K

Back