Flavoured Wodka O.t

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mje1980

Old Thunder brewery
Reaction score
Just got home from easter celebrations with my wife's family. She's russian orthodox, and today was their easter. Anyway, every year for the past 2 or so, we've been doing flavoured vodka's ( sorry Wodka hahah ). Anyway, this is really easy to do, and tastes beautifull. Here goes:

1.) Cherry vodka ( Vishnovka sp? )
Place 4-600g of cherries in a 1.5 litre glass bottle, add 700 ml vodka ( the better the vodka, the better the result ), add 1 table spoon sugar. Let sit for at least 3 months, then drain and bottle. Leave this bottle in a warmish spot for another 9-12 months. After this amount of time, it is so smooth its not funny, and goes down like a dream!!!!. I've also done blueberry, and raspberry combined, without the sugar, it took about 12 months, but its now fantastic. Like i said, vodka quality is important. Absolut, or danzka if you're rich is the way to go.

Naz darovya

Doz Vidanya

A mate used to do a chilli vodka.
He'd always pull out the bottle after about six beers. That stuff was lethal but addictive :lol:

Doc

Latest posts

Back