First World Problems Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My tablet has buttons along the longer side, so they expect me to use it at 16:9 ratio most of the time. However, I prefer browsing ahb, Facebook, beersmith and so forth 9:16, which means I frequently accidentally hit the back button when I pick it up. The first tablet I owned wasn't like this- the buttons were part of the gui and thus rotated with the screen. This is a minor irritant!

first-world-problems.jpg

@BD

One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?

Dude, apples and oranges.

Save the Feral for your final tasting.

China: 1.36 billion people.

India: 1.27 billion people.

Aus... We're forced to put stuff into green bins, yellow bins and blue bins to save the planet. That'll work.

lol, it's funny because you don't have the story.

In India it's been commercially viable to reuse and recycle for a very long time. For example, a carton of glazed paper used for fruit juice or milk would likely be returned to supply as a paper plate for snacks, newsprint would make paper bags for handing out peanuts and the like. A recycler would do the rounds of the suburbs collecting newsprint and other paper and pay you by the kilo for it. If you had too much tin you would take it to somewhere in town and sell it by the kilo too. If you had old brass sitting around that needed repurposing, wait for the once a year visit of the casting artisan, they'd make a clay mould from anything you want right there and melt your broken bits and cast you a new one for a fee. Soda bottles used to be reused forever, you'd pay a deposit for those at the shops - unfortunately they've picked up the bad habit of PET in this case.

Anyway, I don't know about China but the use and throw mentality here in oz creates far more rubbish than is necessary. It tends to lend some meaning to recycling. Also, transporting waste costs money. So, if you want your waste out of sight from an urban zone you'd have to pay lots, cheaper to just sort for recycling.

Yep, feeling academic right about now. Come sleep... ... ...

I just had my fermenter fall of the table.

Trub everywhere.

And the plastic shattered.

But I had finished bottling luckily!

First world problem? Have to purchase one of those stainless ones now...

spryzie said:
I just had my fermenter fall of the table.

Trub everywhere.

And the plastic shattered.

But I had finished bottling luckily!

First world problem? Have to purchase one of those stainless ones now...

Oh dear.
Hopefully the next fall won't put too big a dink in the stainless....
All our brewing is an outdoor activity. Got to love Qld.

How come when you go out to buy something it is always out of stock and the only alternative is three times as bloody expensive.

Went to the big green shed today.
Possibly time to admit I have a problem...
IMAG1110.jpg

Stainless 9 litre bucket. $10. No idea what I'm going to use it for. Just couldn't walk away and leave it there. It was calling to me...

My local, Roches Hotel, which the boys recently visited for The Grafton Show beer fest, now has Vintage on tap....$5 middy...( only middies due to it powerful affect on people who have never drank it :D )

I had to pick my kids up this arvo and couldnt have any.....had to drink Coopers Mild instead... -_-

Why do trainers even expensive ones fall apart after only a few months of normal wear.?

I've had a pair of nu ballance shoes for about five years now. Actually they're more like slippers these days, but still serviceable. Only had to glue the sole back on one after I got tired of tripping over it.

They are all cheaply made, with a huge mark-up and the other thing is are they genuine, Nike, Adidas, or whatever, there would be nearly as many copies as real ones. I stick with Rockport for my footwear though I haven't tried their trainers.

Rockports eh..

I'm sure you have little need for trainers anyhow on board your luxury yacht.

I can't decide between Leigh Sales and Juanita Phillips. If only the French had a sexy sounding solution. Menage a .....

Latest posts

Back