First World Problems Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You think thats rude...

Bunninks have as a " condition" for groups that hold sausage sizzles, you can only sell what they tell you, and you cant vary it.

A few mates of mine from the local footy club got a letter because they where selling 2 sausages in 2 peices of bread. Bunninks say you can only sell 1 sausage in 1 peice of bread. This is because they want all stores with sausage sizzle to offer the same product....

And you can't sell any drinks they sell in store.

There's a long waiting list to get a booking around our area but from what I hear it's pretty lucrative. Worth it for clubs and charities I guess.

Camo6 said:
And you can't sell any drinks they sell in store.

There's a long waiting list to get a booking around our area but from what I hear it's pretty lucrative. Worth it for clubs and charities I guess.
Yes...but you have to go to Bunnings ...which means you end up buying shit you dont need, because they dont actually have what you want...

And I really get the shits with the girls who stand at the the door and say " hello...how are you"...and " Goodbye..hope you have a good day"

I'd prefer they don't have the door person. It's always such a forced hello, and not necessary.

I was there last night and there was only 1 checkout open. It was a younger girl who seemed fairly new, and there was an older lady standing at the door doing the old hello, goodbye. The line was about 7 people long and even though the lady kept looking across and seeing the line getting longer, she continued to stand there and not open up one of the other 9 unused registers.

They didn't even have the self checkout open!

At least she said goodbye to me on the way out, I guess...

Just once I'd like to hand the door person at Bunnings my coat and hat, thank them and keep walking.

Then as I exit, ask them where a man can find a decent steak and request they promptly hail a taxi.

Dave70 said:
Just once I'd like to hand the door person at Bunnings my coat and hat, thank them and keep walking.

Then as I exit, ask them where a man can find a decent steak and request they promptly hail a taxi.
Nah, I'd rather just win the lottery.

My coffee machine has died. Guess I'll have to drink beer to combat the caffeine withdrawals. This problem will then probably compound in the morning when I'm hungover and in desperate need of a coffee...

Bridges said:
My coffee machine has died. Guess I'll have to drink beer to combat the caffeine withdrawals. This problem will then probably compound in the morning when I'm hungover and in desperate need of a coffee...
Buy an iced coffee. Combined with a bacon and egg toastie they have the power to cure cancer. Or stuff.

Dave70 said:

I so have thought about doing that..

The other is " can I help you"...yes...."Take these kids while I go and look for stuff you dont have"

tavas said:
Buy an iced coffee. Combined with a bacon and egg toastie they have the power to cure cancer. Or stuff.
Nothing beats a bacon & egg roll and good coffee served by a nice waitress

or you could just go to Mcd.............

Taking a day off today to brew as there are other family commitments this weekend (travelling for MIL's 70th celebrations).
The kids are annoying me as I try to eat my bacon and eggs for brekky though...and they keep talking while I'm trying to hear Ben and Holly/Peppa Pig.
And it's going to be cold in the garage.

peas_and_corn said:
[youtube]http://youtu.be/bwvlbJ0h35A[/youtube]
You know you're out of the loop when you don't even know the song being parodied.

Ducatiboy stu said:
I so have thought about doing that..

The other is " can I help you"...yes...."Take these kids while I go and look for stuff you dont have"
I must admit, in between staff who seem indifferent to stock being mauled / pulled off the shelf / put back in the wrong spot / or wheeled about in the case of mowers, kid sized trolleys, and a caged mini playground conveniently positioned next to the Bunnings version of a cafe, its not a bad place for a little slack parenting.

They always seem to get somehow though. Those sale bins are so tempting. I'll never want for extension leads or LED torches at my house.

Brought an exciting new coffee machine today. Had to have a few goes just to get it right. May not sleep for the next few days due to the amount of caffeine I've had this afternoon.

Posts with nothing but a link in the text body. I can't be bothered coz so often they turn out to be uninteresting.

Give me the gist please

This mornings rant from me.
When The F did lettuce on its own become 'salad'? That's bullshit. Went to the Courthouse Hotel in Newtown last night. Had a few OK beers, ordered a meal, which from the menu, I could choose between 'Chips & Salad' or 'Mash & Veg'
Took the Chips and Salad option only to get Chips and Lettuce.
This has also happened to me at a Thai restaurant of all places!

Chefs, Cooks, Restaurateurs: Lettuce, when drizzled with oil and a pinch of rock salt, does not magically become Salad!

So, first world problem: Affording to be able to eat out, drink overpriced beer, walk home drunk in the dark and be perfectly safe and still be able to complain about the 'Salad'.

mckenry said:
So, first world problem: Affording to be able to eat out, drink overpriced beer, walk home drunk in the dark and be perfectly safe and still be able to complain about the 'Salad'.
You don't win friends with salad...

jTJifFM.gif

Back