First World Problems Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
practicalfool said:
You don't get/make a salad to get 'friends'.
It was a quote/song from an old Simpsons episode (hence the gif) that I thought tied in with mckenrys first world problem.

No offence was intended to any salads or salad eaters, even if they are lame.

mckenry said:
This mornings rant from me.
When The F did lettuce on its own become 'salad'? That's bullshit. Went to the Courthouse Hotel in Newtown last night. Had a few OK beers, ordered a meal, which from the menu, I could choose between 'Chips & Salad' or 'Mash & Veg'
Took the Chips and Salad option only to get Chips and Lettuce.
This has also happened to me at a Thai restaurant of all places!

Chefs, Cooks, Restaurateurs: Lettuce, when drizzled with oil and a pinch of rock salt, does not magically become Salad!

So, first world problem: Affording to be able to eat out, drink overpriced beer, walk home drunk in the dark and be perfectly safe and still be able to complain about the 'Salad'.
Ooooh this has been building up for years.

What really gets to me about "salad" at pubs/restaurants is all the fiddly, scraggy, trendy new forms of lettuce, which are impossible to actually get on the fork and you end up getting salad dressing round your mouth from some stray leaf scrag, and its inefficient too, cause you only get 1-2 small leaves in each go and theres like 100 of the little f*ckers.

AND theres those slithers of carrot an shite!

You don't eat it all and you get the old "eat your salad"!!!!!!!

Give me some quartered tomatoes, sliced cucumber, red onion slices and iceberg lettuce, which I can chuck into my mouth efficiently during parts of the conversation I'm trying to listen to and get down to business and eat the steak/pork/lamb/chicken/duck/quail/fish etc and chips I really care about.

I don't have time for those fiddly scraggy new fangled lettuces, give me a a couple leaves of iceberg I can fold up into parcels and eat in a couple of goes please.

First world problem - shitty lettuce

Thai Beef Salads are my favourite.

:icon_offtopic: Watching Lego Movie with the kids for the 50th time... SPACESHIP!!!

While on the subject of eating out..... I'd like to know which Bistro Meister decided it was a great idea to take a beautifully tender piece of lamb (cutlet) and dip it in breadcrumbs and fry the poor little bugger and turn it into a monstrosity when all it needed was to be shown a little heat either side for a few moments.

I thought battered deep fried pizza was the lowest of the low until I read your post. Battered deep fried pizza is bad, but at least it's just turning something shit (the pizza is of the cheap, doughy kind) into something shittier. Dicking around with quality ingredients to make something shit is just an affront to human decency

Notice my brew fridge is sitting at 13C instead of 18C & think "my heat belt must be fucked".

Open the fridge and think "****, it's warm in there."

Notice the STC temp probe sitting on the concrete floor of the garage and think "There's no way that little heat belt will warm up that whole garage floor, especially from inside the fridge."

Arrrrgh, so my golden ale with US05 spent about 8-10 hours at around 23-24C. No biggie, except that it's very early in fermentation. Oh well, let's see how it fares.

Rushing the daughter off to the hospital last night with a suspected case of maningacocle. Finding out 10 hours later it's not and she is ok. Turns out she was spewing so hard she has busted all the small capillaries in her face and neck and looks to have the dreaded disease. Doctors were frantic for the first hour, then subsided to an observation level, spinal tap done etc. My poor little girl subjected to that.

First world problem thread, sick people going to work and school.... There should be a law that sends them home if they are that unwell and contagious... I never want to go through that sort of worry again.

Then I suppose there will be teenage dating...

Blind Dog said:
I thought battered deep fried pizza was the lowest of the low until I read your post. Battered deep fried pizza is bad, but at least it's just turning something shit (the pizza is of the cheap, doughy kind) into something shittier. Dicking around with quality ingredients to make something shit is just an affront to human decency
Mmmmmmmm. Deep fried calzone... I salivate.

Made a pact today with housemate to eat healthier together for a month. Would be good for the gut. The head,... Well.... Will find out.

Thats rough Pilchard.

On a happier note, beginning of last week I had a cold. My boss now has it - even worse than I did, hes been dragging himself round since Friday. :lol:

Its put me in a really good mood, real shot in the arm ^_^

Colds I can deal with, flu and other more serious viruses not so much...

I get the joke but in all seriousness if it was something more serious I assume you would not find it funny he got it?

I'm now informed I need a special aerial to go with my new hi def LCD in order to exploit its hi def benefits. More expense.

What a world..

Dave70 said:
I'm now informed I need a special aerial to go with my new hi def LCD in order to exploit its hi def benefits. More expense.

What a world..
HAHAHAH...you got conned.

Back