First World Problems Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bugger only half way through the month and nearly reached download limit of 50Gb then shaping to Dial Up speeds for rest of the month. Not happy Jan. :(

Let me guess...your on Satellite

Tropical_Brews said:
Bugger only half way through the month and nearly reached download limit of 50Gb then shaping to Dial Up speeds for rest of the month. Not happy Jan. :(
let me guess...your on satellite

Nope ADSL1 by Tpg.com.au. Can only get ADSL 2+ AFAIK if change to Telstra Bigpond.

NBN maybe next decade.

Tropical_Brews said:
Nope ADSL1 by Tpg.com.au. Can only get ADSL 2+ AFAIK if change to Telstra Bigpond.

NBN maybe next decade.
Considering the NBN is already sub-standard, imagine what we will think of it in a decade.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Only 50Gb....why not get an unlimited plan for $60 from where I work
Yes there are now quite a few unlimited plans about these days around the same price or even lower than I am paying. But you know after many years with TPG without ever having a problem apart from some wally in SE Qld who cut the Telstra Fibre Optic backbone a few years ago been really good. Not very often I overuse but this month been very bad with torrent downloads.

Then of course all the many years of old e-mail contacts that use my address.

P.S. many years ago was on Dial Up with Austarnet which was dirt cheap even back then.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Only 50Gb....why not get an unlimited plan for $60 from where I work
$60 seems a little too much to pay for inganet.
I only pay $55/month
Although I only get 8G

Dan2 said:
$60 seems a little too much to pay for inganet.
I only pay $55/month
Although I only get 8G
8Gb for $55 must be a mobile phone plan ? We were on about home internet plans here. ^_^

I don't know whether to take leftover enchiladas or pulled pork rolls for work today. I could take both and just gorge myself stupid, but that will mean I'll probably have to do two poos in one day. That would be really annoying.

Please, I need advice!

Ahhhh the golden arches. he only place in the world where you can get indigestion and malnutrition at the same time.

jyo said:
I don't know whether to take leftover enchiladas or pulled pork rolls for work today. I could take both and just gorge myself stupid, but that will mean I'll probably have to do two poos in one day. That would be really annoying.

Please, I need advice!
I'd avoid the enchiladas for sure in that case as beans are a great source of fiber.
Meat and bread? Probably go for days before dropping the kids off.

As long as it's chased up with a coffee and dart she'll be right..

Tropical_Brews said:
8Gb for $55 must be a mobile phone plan ? We were on about home internet plans here. ^_^
We have just got adsl in our home that we have been in for 3 years. The house is 7 years old. Before that we were paying $90 a month with Telstra for 15g of mobile broadband because that was the only thing available in our area. It was that or dial up. We are about 30-45 min from Melbourne.

nosco said:
We have just got adsl in our home that we have been in for 3 years. The house is 7 years old. Before that we were paying $90 a month with Telstra for 15g of mobile broadband because that was the only thing available in our area. It was that or dial up. We are about 30-45 min from Melbourne.
That's more like a Third World Problem :blink: My local exchange here is controlled by the dreaded Telstra who won't allow TPG to either install or piggyback Dslams for ADSL2+ service.

jyo said:

Please, I need advice!
I have gastro today. Only 2 poos? Luxury!!!

I hate Telstra but reluctantly give them my money. I can, I mean, I reckon I could get mobile coverage from inside a rape dungeon and get 500Gb home broadband at super speeds. We don't use more than 50Gb but that's beside the point.

Oh, and get well Tavas. You don't have kids in childcare do you?

Latest posts

Back