First World Problems Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mardoo said:
Yesterday Cole's had the normal sized boxes of Kleenex for $2.50, and the large ones on sale for $2.50. But in the large ones the last 40 or so Kleenexes always fall to the bottom, so you have to root around in the box to get one out. What am I to do!?!?!?? Bargain or utility? The pain and shame of it!
Don't the large boxes have flaps in the bottom that you push in and they lift the tissues up so you can get them?

Glen W said:
Don't the large boxes have flaps in the bottom that you push in and they lift the tissues up so you can get them?
Large boxes do have flaps but if you manage to push them inside the only thing that is likely to pop is a pair of eyeballs.

Tropical_Brews said:
E Bay bargain 64 Gb USB 2.0 memory stick from somewhere overseas probably China or Hong Kong free shipping $10.69. Got confirmation of shipping today. Estimated delivery date 10th June to 23rd June :beerbang:

que song "On a slow boat from China"
You need to be really careful with this sort of thing (SD cards too).

Many counterfeit sticks/cards are labelled to be bigger than they actually are. Some of them are simply sized at 1/2 X rather than X gigabytes, but with tricky data formatting.

Others have dodgey wiring in the chip, so it appears to be the right size, and even formats to that size. But (simplifying the explanation) the addressing wires for say the top half of the chip link back to the bottom. So you write a huge file to the card - the first half writes fine, the 2nd half writes fine too, but over the top of the first half.

And when I say "half", it could of course be quarter, or eighth.

So... buyer beware.

EDIT: spello's

Every time you take a cold drink in a glass you get half a gallon of water on the outside of the glass leaves a great mess all over the table or always drips on you when you pick up the glass.

Why do I hate this so much just trying to enjoy a nice Lagavulan Scotch.

My darling better half got me a mk4 kegerator for christmas. Doesn't fit where she had planned it to live. Now in discussions about it living where my ferm fridge fridge is in the living room. Apparently a small white bar fridge is OK but a stainless kegerator in the living room, is being a bit of a bogan...

Don't get me wrong my wife got me a triple tap kegerator. Best wife ever! No problem there!

Bridges said:
My darling better half got me a mk4 kegerator for christmas. Doesn't fit where she had planned it to live. Now in discussions about it living where my ferm fridge fridge is in the living room. Apparently a small white bar fridge is OK but a stainless kegerator in the living room, is being a bit of a bogan...
Bloody hell! Good problem to have. Sounds like a full remodel is the only compromise.

Brewnicorn said:
Bloody hell! Good problem to have. Sounds like a full remodel is the only compromise.
I suggested it was time for a new house. Probably not going to happen!

Since I have been out of the kitchen and working for a living, nothing lives where it used to live, I am a great believer that once something lives somewhere that is where it stays, the most noticeable migration of something which has moved from where they used to live are the tea and coffee jars, they are now as far away from the kettle as they could be, I don't bother anymore about the reasoning, I just take my cup to where they used to be and then traipse across the kitchen to where they are now for my teabag.
So much wasted energy.

Bridges said:
Darling wife has reorganized all the drawers in our kitchen, had to open THREE drawers to find a bowl to eat my cereal out of this morning. Not looking forward to the next few weeks of random cupboard and draw opening to find what I want.
Sorry to quote myself but... Feeling your pain WEAL! Happens at my place all to often.

Live chat. Why bother if the muppet I'm "live chatting" to on your website knows as much as I do. to paraphrase

me: I want an x it is listed as being available yesterday I've been waiting a while to order one whats going on?
them: It's out of stock
me: I know, when can I expect to be able to get one?
them: When the supplier gets it to us, or you can pre-order.
me: I know that but I need x for a specific event and I need to be sure of when I will get it. If you have it I will order it. Can you contact your supplier?
them: We are waiting on a reply but if you order one we'll ship it as soon as it arrives.
me: When will they arrive?
them: We are not sure
me: Bash it in your arse. I'll look elsewhere...

The Muppet was probably a chat bot. They are all the rage these days for further pissing your customers off.

Don't worry though, I'm sure you can order your X (blow up doll) for your specific event (missus is away next weekend) somewhere else...

Airgead said:
The Muppet was probably a chat bot. They are all the rage these days for further pissing your customers off.

Don't worry though, I'm sure you can order your X (blow up doll) for your specific event (missus is away next weekend) somewhere else...
Or not..

Hey. A threesome's a threesome..

Closest I will ever get to a threesome would be both hands. Not sure that counts.
Stu the correct term I believe is Fourgy...
Still haven't even ordered "x"

Bridges said:
Closest I will ever get to a threesome would be both hands. Not sure that counts.
Stu the correct term I believe is Fourgy...
Still haven't even ordered "x"
Mmm... a Fourgy with "x"...... :ph34r:

Having a quiet ale whilst I make a batch of rhubarb jam today. Got some new jam jars and wouldn't you know it my jam funnel is too big for the neck of the jar. Increases the difficulty and mess of getting hot jam into hot jars 10 fold.

Latest posts

Back