First World Problems Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually Schapelle I'm totally indifferent about, the rest of her loser family though...

wide eyed and legless said:
Not allowed to profit out of crime, but it seems others are with t.v movies. The only way to profit out of crime is to commit it and keep your trap shut.
You think thats going to stop her/them....they just pay her sister...plus she is in Bali...so makes it a bit harder to enforce

If I'd spent 9 years in a foreign prison over a petty amount of pot I'd be hoping the fuckers that convinced me it was a good idea had secured me a sizeable nest egg.

So pay her sister, families have fallen out over less. And who ******* cares, I won't be worrying about any payouts she may get and neither should anyone else.
Remember Harry Miller served a year in clink for ripping off $600,000 probably worth 4 times that today,
I would do that standing on my head for that money.

timmi9191 said:
I really want to see the earth under them open up and consume them.. Hopefully on tv..
Maybe a Monty Python like cartoon creature would just drop from the clouds and swallow them whole...leaving Ch 7&9 executives pissed off they missed out on a prime TT/ACA segment that was only going to be viewed by VB drinking bogans from Sunnyvale

I had two shits today. You'd reckon there might be a bit less fibre in supermarket foods. Just out of politeness.

For fucks sake who ******* cares what happens to her, I would never have any empathy with some one doing something illegal and getting caught, and saying it isn't mine like its an excuse.
In fact I have very little empathy for dick heads doing the wrong thing and getting sprung, no ******* planning going through customs and saying where has that come from, I know nothing about it, give the dip shits 20 years no parole.

Remember Harry Miller served a year in clink for ripping off $600,000 probably worth 4 times that today,
I would do that standing on my head for that money.
Did he get to keep it?

Cause he kept it, he even promoted his business from prison for fucks sake, using printers inside the prison.
I wish I could have run my business with so little overheads.

For fucks sake who ******* cares what happens to her, I would never have any empathy with some one doing something illegal and getting caught, and saying it isn't mine like its an excuse.
In fact I have very little empathy for dick heads doing the wrong thing and getting sprung, no ******* planning going through customs and saying where has that come from, I know nothing about it, give the dip shits 20 years no parole.
She should have got the death penalty. She knew the risks. Do you see any of the Bali 9 get the same treatment....yep...its all bullshit. Something very funny going on.

eungaibitter1 said:
I had two shits today. You'd reckon there might be a bit less fibre in supermarket foods. Just out of politeness.
You, sir, I will quote to everyone that buys that powdered fibre shit in a box.

Well its not up to us to decree how other countries sentance those who break their laws....look at Saudi Arabia and alcohol..

There are big signs at the airport and you would have to be utterly stupid not to know that drug running in those countries is punishable by death.

Tough shit I say...if death is their penalty then that is the penalty. At least they dont **** around.

A lot of what's been said is pretty harsh. Especially considering we're talking about a country in which corruption runs so blatantly rampant and people with money caught with thousands of ecstasy pills ends up with a couple of years jail while those without get life for only a couple. I also think such harsh terms for marijuana is ridiculous. I should add that I don't smoke it (anymore at least) because I don't like the effects, but to pretend it's as harmful as drugs like meth and heroin is completely insane.

The ADF tipped off the Indonesians about the Australians involved in the Bali 9. Scott Rush's father contacted officials and tried to get them to stop him from leaving the country. I'm not saying that its their job to babysit people and stop them from doing dumb shit, but surely that wasn't the appropriate course of action given the endemic corruption and severe penalties.

Well known how corrupt other countries like that are...so I have even less sympathy if you get caught. The risks are known regardless of how we view how harmfull different drugs are. You play the game....dont cry when you get caught out.

There are big signs at the airport and you would have to be utterly stupid not to know that drug running in those countries is punishable by death.
Stu you don't give someone the death penalty for being stupid, as I said before I don't have any empathy for people who break the law and get caught.
I did the most stupid things when I was young, even in Indonesia, so much that my brother had to change his wedding plans from Bali to Port Douglas because I am not to darken Indonesia's doorstep again.
As far as I am concerned the death penalty is wrong in certain circumstances, and mules aren't one of them.

What gets up my nose is that Channel 7 news felt that is was so concerning to the aussie public that they had the first 8 minutes of their broadcast dedicated to this with crossovers to reporters outside the prison and and then a live crossover to the office of the dude responsible for pardoning her...... so who gives a *&%#. Was she Nelson Mandela???? I bet channel 7 has money invested in this.

edit:spellin

Stu you don't give someone the death penalty for being stupid,.
Their country, there law. Sure we here might give them a slap on the wrist, but that is here. If you are stupid enough to run drugs in a country that you know gives the death penalty for it then you have to face the consequences. If you get caught drinking alcohol in Saudi you get flogged or jailed...so visitors dont do it because they know the penalty. It might seem extreme to us, but it is their way of doing things. Their laws are harsh because they see it as the best deterent. Same as if you kill someone, you know you will go to jail for, so you cant argue that going to jail is extreme because you knew you would go to jail in the first place. If you dont like the idea of the death penalty for drug running, dont do it. You dont even have to be stupid to work it out. Is a few grand worth your life....Just saying they where stupid is a load of hot cock.

Latest posts

Back