First World Problems Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought a kick arse 27 inch LED monitor. It has a VGA port and two HDMI ports but no DVI port.

My desktop has a DVI port and a VGA port but no HDMI ports.

Apparently DisplayPort is the new standard. Neither the monitor or the desktop has such a port.

Life is becoming increasingly hard for pensioners.

Further to my regulator dying, it also managed to leak an almost full bottle of gas out. A new reg and more gas for the win.

Ducatiboy stu said:
I have a colour TV that only has "ant-in."You think you have problems.
You have a TV?!?! And I thought amusing yourselves was the rage.

I couldn't get my AppleTV device to connect to my Optoma HD DLP projector via my Pioneer AV receiver, because the HDMI coming from my Apple TV device couldn't downscale to component, which is how my Optoma HD DLP projector is connected to my Pioneer AV receiver.

So I had to buy an HDMI>Component converter FFS.

Fortunately, my Panasonic LCD HDTV upstairs, has an HDMI port and I didn't have the same issues with it.

Unfortunately, because I've got the Apple TV device operating properly, it means that my Panasonic BLURAY recorder is now only used to watch tv shows that I've recorded and about 1500 songs that I've recorded off Rage, but not BluRay discs that I used to hire from the video store.

Talk about opening a can of worms.........

Bribie G said:
I just bought a kick arse 27 inch LED monitor. It has a VGA port and two HDMI ports but no DVI port.

My desktop has a DVI port and a VGA port but no HDMI ports.

Apparently DisplayPort is the new standard. Neither the monitor or the desktop has such a port.

Life is becoming increasingly hard for pensioners.
DVI to HDMI cable

It's hot here.

I'm being lazy, should get up and go buy a fan.

What is with TV programming?
Triple the number of channels, halve the watchable shows.

Wasn't "quantum of solace" on a month ago?

Grumpy old man showing through....aaaagh!

Lemon

FWP: switching from rugby union in high definition to rugby league in standard definition, and it's disappointing.

Liam_snorkel said:
FWP: switching from rugby union in high definition to rugby league in standard definition, and it's disappointing.
And also, having to watch any kind of Australian football.

Well yeah that too. Switched from Super Rugby (international) to NRL (domestic)

That happened to me with my sons bike, got stolen from school offered $20 reward for information, found the culprit when I went round to the house the bike was being stripped, told the father to reassemble the bike and give it back with no consequence's, he agreed, the mother came out and went off her head because I had accused her son of stealing.
Reported to police left in their hands.

Latest posts

Back