First World Problems Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forever Wort said:
When I eat lunch at work, one sandwich is not enough, but two sandwiches is too much.
Next time try 1.5 sandwiches. You can then calculate +bite or -bite for the following days. You should have it sorted within a week.

Your welcome!

oh man, get this. This morning on the bus on the way into work my phone kept dropping in and out of 4G connection to 3G.

Sometimes it took ages to load a page on AHB.

I'm writing to my local member!!

Forever Wort: Just eat your sandwiches for breakfast and that will let you know how much to eat at lunch. Then pack accordingly. Or eat 1.5 sandwiches and leave remaining half in fridge. Just bring one sandwich next day.

or, switch to thicker/larger bread slices, and load up 1 sandwich 50% more than usual.

this won't solve the problem if it's psychological though.

Get your stomach stapled so it only needs 1 sandwich to be full.

Edit: Bonus points for listing a first world solution to a first world problem. "ooh, I have too much food to eat so I better have to staple my stomach to control food intake" :D

I have a new urn, given to me this morning.

My friend's partner passed away about six weeks ago and she's off to Brisbane for family reunion etc. I dropped her off to the Station this morning and she suddenly hands me this container and says " would you look after Edward while I'm away".

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Problem is where in First World society do you put an urn? They used to put it on the mantlepiece but we only have ducted air. It's in the garage at the moment, but I had considered placing it where he could watch the TV, but that was freaking out SWMBO.

I might put it in the fermenting fridge to keep the Amber Ale company, I'm sure he would have approved.

Edit: reason she couldn't take it with her was that he always maintained "no way am I ever going back to fucken Queensland". B)

Ed is finally on a shelf overlooking the kegerator.

Pouring one now you crazy Welsh *******, should have stuck around longer and had a few pints with me :kooi:

Just had my fourth keg blow in the space of 36 hours! The first 2 went in consecutive pours! In staring down the barrel if having to go to a shop and buy beer as the stuff I have fermenting isn't quite there yet.

Buying beer from a shop I tell ya!

Just noticed the admins/mods have the big ugly titles from HBT
Bring back our old ones, subtlety is the key here!
Is this a sign of things to come?
</firstworldproblemsrant>

The Pro Member titles have just changed to Forum Supporter titles from HBT (only for some people though...)
Honestly, they're ugly as hell
Please change it back Austin!

So the thermostat in my serving fridge finally packed it in.. Now have two frozen kegs.

On the upside, the porter was pouring the unfrozen alcohol concentrate - I'd put it at about 12% ABV and it was DELISH. Tempted to pull the ice block out of that keg and keep it as a robust porter.

My BIAB bag split during mash out. This is after 6 months of not brewing because BIAB is starting to shit me off.

Who wants to help me build a 3v?

Willie drives round to Bribie's in Volvo yesterday. Bribie and Willie go into Bunnings etc together in Bribie's car.

Bribie drops Willie home afterwards.

**** - the Volvo's been stolen. Mate, does 000 work on a mobile or do you have to dial 112????

Penny finally drops.

oops

Double senior moment. :blink:

Latest posts

Back