First World Problems Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It drives me crazy when I'm trying to break skip on my 11M 2-way on 27.385 LSB and the West coast of North America wont shut up and let me call Australia from Minnesota. Don't they know I'm running out of Sun!!!

2 CDX 068, operator Bob, Bravo Oscar Bravo, 18 watt President Washington, Astatic D104 with Tug-8 amplified base, 5/8 wave groundplane mounted appx 11M off the dirt, I am 285M over sea level, 80KM North of Minneapolis

I give you the final and I will be QSX

Sounds like you could do with a big 7 element beam and whack a 500 watt linear amp in line. But even that won't stop the bloody jabber jaws in the states ravin' on about their trailer park kids.

997, out.

Sounds like you could do with a big 7 element beam and whack a 500 watt linear amp in line. But even that won't stop the bloody jabber jaws in the states ravin' on about their trailer park kids.

997, out.

I'll see you Ivan at 0800 your time soon...name the freq...not 27.385 LSB

I want to listen to the Sweet Brown remix but my headphones are in another room.

I could go get them but ain't nobody got time for dat.

The leads on my trusty sony headphones are now rather crackly and work won't give me the petty cash for a new pair.

My new MOTOROLA defy makes my ear sweat.
Yeah, its water resistant, but that's not the fcukin point.

I actually like the Gage road atomic pale ale but don't have all the hops required to brew a replica of sorts this week

edit: wrong farkin brewery

My GPS took me to Betta Electrical to buy a new fridge, parked the car, it said walk 55m, Streetview shows the store but when I got there it was an empty building with a for lease sign. So I then had to walk an entire block to Bing Lee instead. Then I ran out of battery but eventually remembered where I had parked the car so didn't need the GPS to tell me how to walk back there.

My GPS took me to Betta Electrical to buy a new fridge, parked the car, it said walk 55m, Streetview shows the store but when I got there it was an empty building with a for lease sign. So I then had to walk an entire block to Bing Lee instead. Then I ran out of battery but eventually remembered where I had parked the car so didn't need the GPS to tell me how to walk back there.

You need to get back into shape (but yes, round is a shape). After walking 55m + a block you ran out of battery? You need to exercise more.

No, ran out of battery on my Samsung Galaxy so I became invisible to the GPS satellite system. However the panic was short lived. :huh:

No, ran out of battery on my Samsung Galaxy so I became invisible to the GPS satellite system. However the panic was short lived. :huh:

They can still see you if you're not wearing a tin foil hat :ph34r:

Had to lodge some forms at Centrelink in Taree today but my new 42" (small one for the guest bedroom) full HD dynamic LED TV was due to arrive on the courier and I had to hang around for it. Thankfully they arrived in time for me to dash into town to avoid getting breached. Life is bloody hard here in the lower socioeconomic strata, make no mistake.

And I was so rushed I forgot to pick up an HDMI cable for the new Blu-ray.

Thankfully they arrived in time for me to dash into town to avoid getting breached.

Stop dropping your strides in public. Dropping strides = high probability of being breached and diminished capacity to run away.

My wife broke the beaters on an old Sunbeam Mixmaster circa 1950/60's, bloody new age crap .. The don't make things like they used to in the 1920's, Fancy a rivet rusting out after 50 odd years

Cheers
Chris

The jar of pickles was shut too tight. Had to cut it open. I smell of pickles now. Will have to shower.

My new CB Biab is not as good as my old Voile bag.. and I only bought it because it was bigger and it got me the tasting session. Think I'll have to go to spotlight and get a bigger piece of voile.

Nice day and had the morning off. had to decide between kegging a couple kegs of Golden Ale (i'm running out of beer :( ) or taking the harley for a putt.

OutsideBeatInsidePunkin

Latest posts

Back