First World Problems Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The jar of pickles was shut too tight. Had to cut it open. I smell of pickles now. Will have to shower.

Know what you mean takes the strength of Garth to break the seal on jars of olives too.

I've had this thing for years,

20121123_174016.jpg

it must date from the 1960s at least. You just place it on the jar, start squeezing and it tightens to fit exactly, then twist.
No shame in not being able to open a jar. If you Google Images - Jar Opener - it confirms that this is a major problem afflicting humanity.

Just turn it upside down. Smack it hard. Nine times out of ten that'll sort it out.

[EDIT: Works for most things, really]

One down, nine to go.

I'd try nextdoor, rather than repeat with the same one. YMMV.

Realised I forgot the old brewbrite and yeast nutrient on Saturday afternoon after seeing a little bowl with them in there waiting to be added...

I may as well just give up brewing all together now.

Minding daughter for the next two days (post op tonsil surgery).
Spent 15minutes trying to thread the needle on a crappy Kmart battery powered sewing machine for her.
Instead of a foot pedal it has a mouse. Who thinks of these things?
FML.

Modern examples

dlk275530.jpg

sku_45891_1.JPG

29)-twist-jar-opener.jpg

I reckon the top one is the best. Wifes parents have a business selling all this stuff. Some pretty innovative gadgets out there to assist with daily tasks.

Modern examples

dlk275530.jpg

I reckon the top one is the best. Wifes parents have a business selling all this stuff. Some pretty innovative gadgets out there to assist with daily tasks.

Is the picture upside down or do you really attach it to your ceiling? I'm not sure the missus would like having to climb a ladder every time she wants to open a jar.

If its not upside down and its say a jar of pickled onions (ie: runnier than jam), what stops it from going everywhere when the lid comes off?

Cheers
Dave

Is the picture upside down or do you really attach it to your ceiling? I'm not sure the missus would like having to climb a ladder every time she wants to open a jar.

you have a granite benchtop ceiling?? :D

LOL you mount it to the underside of a bench or (more prefferably) to the underside of overhead cupboards

I just bought a 3m "market umbrella" from Bunnings for the front herb garden / patio area where we have morning coffee / brioche, and entertain visitors, and it doesn't have a strap or belt to wrap around and keep it neat when it's furled so I've had to borrow a wee bungee cord from the brewery.

What is the world coming to?

The bus doesn't run all the way home after 4 something. Have to catch the train connection, which I get a free pass for. Now I have to walk a few hundred meters more than I'd have had to.

FML

All these jar openers!!!

My jar was plastic, with a plastic lid. Had to cut.

For the olive jar type, simplest solution, take a spoon with the smallest wrong end and jam it under the lip of the lid. Breaks the vacuum easily and they unscrew.

As for a FWP, Country Victoria is ******* up my brain with boredom.

My niece is complaining on Facebook about the freezing weather in The Netherlands.

Does that qualify as a "First World Problem", seeing as Europe is slowly but surely financially and economically disintegrating, just like a flushed turd going down the S bend ?

Soon-to-be Third World Problem?

Latest posts

Back