First World Problems Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FWP: Scored a corporate box ticket to the broncos/panthers game tonight, but it's with SWMBO's mother.
Do I stay at the brewhouse all afternoon & get well pissed, or go home after a few, sober up, & put on a good show for the future mother in-law?

FWP: Scored a corporate box ticket to the broncos/panthers game tonight, but it's with SWMBO's mother.
Do I stay at the brewhouse all afternoon & get well pissed, or go home after a few, sober up, & put on a good show for the future mother in-law?
Depends - have you already made yourself a bed to lie in previously? If you're not on the shit-list yet then I see no reason to change that any time soon. Plenty of time for that to happen...

I say "stay at the brewhouse all afternoon & get well pissed AND then go to the game!"

I am one of the many non-Broncos rubgy league supporters in SE QLD. We suffer for our soup in that we have the Broncos rammed down our throats by not only the telecaster channel 9 but 10 and 7 too. Tonight the parochialism reached new heights on the channel 7 sports report when they focussed for so long on how the Broncos needed to win the game tonight that they didn't even bother to mention the team they were playing. Somewhat peeved, I turned the game on only to find some lowlife yobs totally disrespecting the minutes silence for the five Diggers we just lost. The TV then was turned off, no footie tonight.

-BD

Yeah, out of the 34000 people at the game there were maybe 2-3 dickeads yelling out.

The game itself was a bit lacklustre so you didn't miss much. I took DJ's advice and got spannered anyway. Yiew

Already been mentioned as a feature of the long-promised forum upgrade.

When I'm on the Centrelink site and it says "if this does not take you to the required document / page etc within 10 seconds, click here".
I'm never sure whether clicking on the button actually assists Centrelink or if they take it as a criticism of their service and record a black mark against my account.

Was sitting here at work with a mouthful of leftover roast lamb sandwich, and something in the thread made me laugh through my nose.

Now I'm sitting here with snot hanging from my nose all the way down to my keyboard and no tissues...and now it's all over my fingers and pants.

Aaaarrrggghhh

Was sitting here at work with a mouthful of leftover roast lamb sandwich, and something in the thread made me laugh through my nose.

Now I'm sitting here with snot hanging from my nose all the way down to my keyboard and no tissues...and now it's all over my fingers and pants.

Aaaarrrggghhh

Sounds a little more painful than just having milk go through the nose from laughing...

If the current spate of high profile internet trolling isn't the epitome of a first world problem, I don''t know what is.

Since I possess no account on twitt-book, and unless under pain of death, never will, I have to settle for the more traditional method of driving past people on the street and bellowing obscenities from my car.

Hopper/mill tipping over whilst cracking some grains...

<_<

I'm moving house, the owners of the Thai restaurant just round the corner are interested in taking over the lease so I agreed with the agents that they could come round for a look and ignore the mess / packing etc.

Nice looking Thai couple with a little baby girl so I thought I'd show how hospitable Aussies are to our beloved SE Asian cousins and I gave them the palms together and nod and big smile.

They looked at me like I was a ******* idiot.

Maybe that's what you are supposed do to Indians not Thais?? :huh:

I'm moving house, the owners of the Thai restaurant just round the corner are interested in taking over the lease so I agreed with the agents that they could come round for a look and ignore the mess / packing etc.

Nice looking Thai couple with a little baby girl so I thought I'd show how hospitable Aussies are to our beloved SE Asian cousins and I gave them the palms together and nod and big smile.

Maybe that's what you are supposed do to Indians not Thais?? :huh:

That story has just made my afternoon.

Thank you, good sir.

Hopefully it all (re: the move) works out for you none the less though.

That''s cos you didin't give it a bit of the old Kob-jai Heavy on the nasilly jaaaaaiiii.

My missus taught kiddies on Ko Samui for a month recons and if you don't put a Stevie Nicks like nasal inflection on your Thai-speak, forget it.

Or perhaps they just thought you were taking the piss..

Thanks guys, there's a Thai Restaurant at Old Bar so with a bit of luck I'll keep out of trouble.

Have you noticed that Thai restaurants are run by Thais, Indian Restaurants are rotten with Punjabis etc but I've yet to see a Mexican restaurant with Mexicans there.

Went to get a spoon out of the drawer in the workplace lunchroom only to find that some fucker had mixed the spoons with the forks. Took a punt and grabbed one only to find out that I'd picked up a fork... A ******* fork, to eat my porridge..a FORK!!! Worst day ever.....

bah

I pierced that little bit of skin between the thumb and the index finger with a scriber this morning while i was trying to remove a rod seal from a hydraulic cylinder gland **** it hurt. I hate working for a living. Its so tiring and time-consuming.........

Back