First World Problems Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My back is rooted atm, so no brewing this weekend, though I can't decide whether to have panadeine forte or tramadol for the pain.

Oxycontin ..........yayyyyyyyyyyyy..............................

Broke my little digital camera a 5 magapixel job ,6 years old, rang up the camera shop to be told that it's far cheeper to buy a new one then to buy the part needed,(Display screen) to fix the old one and that I could get a 14 megapixel camare for half the price that i'd paid for the old one.
6 years is a pretty good life. We're up to camera 4.

6 years is a pretty good life. We're up to camera 4.

Far out, when it come to most gadgets , it sure is a throw away world these days.

Don't suppose you still have the non working ones? I am lookin for the lcd display screen for a Cannon Powershot A460 Will pay postage to Townsville.

Far out, when it come to most gadgets , it sure is a throw away world these days.

Don't suppose you still have the non working ones? I am lookin for the lcd display screen for a Cannon Powershot A460 Will pay postage to Townsville.
Lol, Nope. Although camera one was a canon 520.
Camera 2 a panasonic got a cracked screen & started playing up.
We bought a samsung to replace it but it was a piece of crap. Now back to another Panasonic Lumix. Awesome point & shoot cameras IMO.

Back to your problem, you've still got a view finder. You can relive the magic of the film days. Not knowing what your photos are like till you download them to the pc.
Ah the nostalgia.

I'm sitting on a Brisbane train for an hour with nice fast wifi and Can't think of any sites I would like to browse.

Thanks, Greatly appreciate this Glen,
My unit has a back light (it's another strip that is soldered to the three solder bits on the strip in the pic, but after searching this site, can't seem to find it.
Might just bin it and fork out for a newbie, can get a 12 or 14 megapixel job for about $100. saves a lot of muckin around.
Cherers anyway.

Thanks, Greatly appreciate this Glen,
My unit has a back light (it's another strip that is soldered to the three solder bits on the strip in the pic, but after searching this site, can't seem to find it.
Might just bin it and fork out for a newbie, can get a 12 or 14 megapixel job for about $100. saves a lot of muckin around.
Cherers anyway.
You gotta love ebay for sourcing parts for old stuff.
Got a 5 yr old Non-ipod mp3 player which I've given a new lease of life with a battery replacement.
Also seen some hdd replacements for it - upping it from 30gb to 200ish gb is kinda tempting.

Only had 2 bits of leftover bbq'd haloumi for my salad this morning. :(

Back in the office after a week down in Adelaide for commissioning... I had never been down there before, but am thoroughly impressed by it. Very relaxed, no highrise buildings everywhere, well structured.

It may just be my new favourite major city... behind melbourne.. ^_^

Broke my little digital camera a 5 magapixel job ,6 years old, rang up the camera shop to be told that it's far cheeper to buy a new one then to buy the part needed,(Display screen) to fix the old one and that I could get a 14 megapixel camare for half the price that i'd paid for the old one.

After all the muckin about, I managed to spill a near full glass of stout all over the camera that was in bits on the table. Will have to get a new one now.
Funny thing is, I feel more pissed off about wasting a good stout than I do about the camera.the camera.

Sitting at the doctors for an hour waiting, bastards wouldn't tell me what their WiFi password was so I could surf the net while I was waiting.

Back