First tipper

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killspice

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I showed a friend my biab process after he recently started home brewing. I took my gear to his place and we did a Tony's bright ale as he was a big fan of the one I did previously.
I no chill, so I left the filled cube with him to cool, and gave him instructions for test rehydration.

He kegged it, but wasnt happy with it, so I went over to have a taste and it was an infected cloudy mess. My first tipper and 5 hours down the drain. It seems his sanitation was not up to par, so I had to set him straight on a few things (like cleaning immediately after fermentation, not just before the next brew, and taking the tap off and apart). Luckily my cube isn't infected though it's getting a good clean and star San now.

Hopefully his gear can be cleaned up. Is there any advice I should give aside from chucking it and buying new? I'm going to give him some 100% sodium perc, and star San, will that do the job?

Should do the job. Its what i do after an off brew. I also put the fermentor in the sun for a few hours. They say UV kills nasties too. Never had a problem with persistent infections.

If the beer is infected, I'd chuck the FV and transfer hoses and start again. It's just not worth risking another infected batch

Latest posts

Back