First time trying all grain and not sure if something is wrong with my batch.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

Scottywilliam

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I'm new to this forum and too home brewing. I have recently started my first batch off all grain beer and everything went smoothly until I pitched the yeast earlier today. The top of my batch looks odd to me so I'm after some advice from some more seasoned Brewers.
I'm using a Hellles Lager all grain kit.
I have attached pictures below if anyone could give me some advice on of it is working okay or not that would be awesome.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    725.8 KB · Views: 138
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    865.8 KB · Views: 121
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    983 KB · Views: 129
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    922.4 KB · Views: 108

mtb

Beer Bod
Reaction score
Looks fine, taste to determine if it's infected. And stop taking the lid off! Each time you do, you're risking infection.

Bonenose

Reaction score
Have to agree looks fine to me, and do stop taking the lid off not a good thing

Scottywilliam

Reaction score
Looks fine, taste to determine if it's infected. And stop taking the lid off! Each time you do, you're risking infection.
Awesome thanks for the fast reply, yes I know the problems with taking it off but I took all nessesary steps to minimise the bacteria getting in and infecting the batch.

Scottywilliam

Reaction score
Have to agree looks fine to me, and do stop taking the lid off not a good thing
Thanks for the reply, it's good to hear that it looks fine. I took all nessesary steps to minimise the bacteria getting in and infecting the batch when the lid was taken off.

mtb

Beer Bod
Reaction score
If you're taking the lid off, you're not taking all necessary steps. Replace the lid with some glad wrap secured with a rubber band if you need to have a look in (I get it, krausen is sexy)

Latest posts