Federation Square Microbreweries Showcase

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
didnt realise it was on! doesnt seem like too long ago that i was at the last one. will have to try and make it.

Just got a couple of tickets for myself and my girlfriend, looking forward to it.

I wasn't gonna go as the beers are usually just the same as you can get in bottles but Thunder Road are listed so I'd like to check them out.

I wasn't gonna go as the beers are usually just the same as you can get in bottles...

Yeah I'm not expecting anything too spectacular. But when else would I get to try 25 of their beers? I'd be lucky to buy that many varieties a year! :unsure:

Can you still get tickets?

Yes, still available. Have they pre-sold tickets with Ticketmaster before this one? I've always just rocked up & paid on the spot. Get there early rather than later as it does get packed.

Yes, still available. Have they pre-sold tickets with Ticketmaster before this one? I've always just rocked up & paid on the spot. Get there early rather than later as it does get packed.

Uncomfortable crowded mess springs to mind. I had to bail last year after an hour, not a good beer event to take the partner IMO.

Attendees to this years ANHC have been invited to attend the exhibitors-only hour before the event opens to the public.

Probably a good chance to really get into the ear of some good brewers before the beer swilling hordes arrive en-masse.

If you're going to ANHC you should have receive an email last week detailing how to get yourself on the door. If you want to hang around once they open the doors to the public, you'll need to purchase a ticket.

Well, the showcase has arrived (for some at least, I'm going tomorrow). I saw there are still tickets available.

Not this year, every year it gets more and more packed and the space doesn't get any bigger. Also the times aren't real conducive for a lot of us as it starts early and the licence runs out pretty early in the night. Was great the first few years but now they need to look at how its run to make it more people friendly.

Attendees to this years ANHC have been invited to attend the exhibitors-only hour before the event opens to the public.

Probably a good chance to really get into the ear of some good brewers before the beer swilling hordes arrive en-masse.

If you're going to ANHC you should have receive an email last week detailing how to get yourself on the door. If you want to hang around once they open the doors to the public, you'll need to purchase a ticket.

Working retail is great sometimes, Wednesday & Thursday off work this week :icon_cheers:

I'll be there for the trade hour, a few beers & maybe dinner at Beer Deluxe then jump on a tram & head to Mountain Goat for ANHC launch and Rye IPA :beerbang:

Working retail is great sometimes, Wednesday & Thursday off work this week :icon_cheers:

I'll be there for the trade hour, a few beers & maybe dinner at Beer Deluxe then jump on a tram & head to Mountain Goat for ANHC launch and Rye IPA :beerbang:

Sigh, if only i didnt have club commitments. :rolleyes:

I'm lucky and have access to free entry.

Went tonight - possibly my best experience so far.

Got there about 5 pm so less crowded. Didn't invite friends this time so could just concentrate on tasting beers I hadn't tried.

maybe from pevious experiences but for the first time ever I picked beers that weere drunk in entirety - ie; none tipped.

I chatted with a couple of brewers but tried to avoid wnaky beer nerd stuff (observing that is as annoying as observing people who are completely ignorant about beer). One example was three tall skinny nerds pontificating on the unlikely nature of bridge Road's black belgian IPA. Sure the name is a bit silly and the idea of black and pale together makes no sense. However beer tastes good, belgian suggests no rules and being a style wanker means all we will ever get are copies of brews that have been brewed by someone else, somewhere else.

Was really good to see a few different beers being pushed. by differnet I don't mean brand spanking new - just beers that may struggle to find a good market. 3 ravens had a rauch, prickly moses a farmhouse ale, brewery whose name escapes me had a mussel stout (with musels include in the brewing) and sweetwater weissbier actually tasted like a german hefe (and a very good one).

All in all worth the price of a free ticket. Some beers that didn't gel but no infections or autlolytic beers in the ones I tried. Avoided two brothers and buckleys though.

Standouts were bridge rd black belgian IPA (no it's not brewed in belgium nor has it travelled to india, nor is it pale), temple mussel stout, Sweetwater weissen, 3 ravens dark (rauch) holgate temptress (choc porter) and IIPA.

A few other good ones too. My only complaint is that with the exception of holgate, every beer was overcarbed and too cold. That's what we Australians demand I guess.

A few confusing beers (mountain goat bubble and squeak - still worht a taste though)

i was there tonight as well- and agree it was a good session, not too busy at all. managed to taste a fair few beers, and had a couple donate their leftover tickets to us at 7.30 just as we were running low. the beers i liked were pretty much the ones i already liked, holgate, coldstream, prickly moses and bridge road had several good beers, didn't bother with mountain goat as i've tried most of theirs already (avoided buckleys and grand ridge as well). took the opportunity to try a lot of new beers i'd never seen or had before- and was sadly disappointed numerous times....a lot of average beers being served under the 'craft' label. tried 4 or 5 beers with significant acetaldehyde taint, although no rampant 'infections' that i could pick.

all in all, a good session- would recommend to others if you haven't been, $25 for 20 samples of beer (plus extras if you're lucky), and a food voucher is good value as far as i'm concerned.

remi

Glad to hear some (mostly) positive reviews from tonight.

Having started the thread and waited for weeks with single minded anticipation... I forgot to organise a sitter for my boys!

Wish me luck finding someone at the last minute tomorrow!

Well, Haven't been able to find a sitter for tonight. Guess I'll just settle for a few quiet pints of Black Beer after the boys go to bed. :icon_cheers:

At True south we have a secret stash of aged Wee Jimmy.... :ph34r: only one keg

At True south we have a secret stash of aged Wee Jimmy.... :ph34r: only one keg

Really Sam?! Bummer i couldnt make it last night/or tonight. I would have liked to take advantage of my free ANHC entry for the industry hour.

Latest posts

Back