February It Is

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ummm....ffff...fff..fff...Fe...Feb...FUKC THAT!!

It's here again folks, the first of Feb. I'm on the wagon for the next 28 days (and counting) Anybody up for it???

Took February and November off in 2010 - looking at May for 2011, could easily extend into June for a two month run then!

Or is that just crazy talk!?!

It's here again folks, the first of Feb. I'm on the wagon for the next 28 days (and counting) Anybody up for it???

Definitelt Razz.
I started this thread way back in 2008 I think. Been doing FEBFAST ever since. Although this year I am not raising any money. When I started it, no-one bar Rukh sponsored me, quite likely due to the fires taking any donations people were up for. Now we have the floods, so I have no chance again of raising $$, so just going to do it anyway. Glad to see a few are in. Good on you to everyone having a go. A great exercise in self control.
mckenry

I followed the thread back then mckenry and thought you guys had a lot more will power than me. Yesterday I thought why not, if i can't handle a month off the grog then i must have a problem. I will do a couple of brews during the month just to get the stocks back up. Good luck to all!

Sonofabitch regarding Jarrah Jacks!!!

I thought the Tanglehead was still operating inside the White Star hotel... It was in September when I was there last...???

Yea tangleheads is still brewinr inside the white star. However i think the beer is still pretty ordinary. Although haven't been there for a while, you will have to let me know what you think.

I followed the thread back then mckenry and thought you guys had a lot more will power than me. Yesterday I thought why not, if i can't handle a month off the grog then i must have a problem. I will do a couple of brews during the month just to get the stocks back up. Good luck to all!

I'm still dry this Feb. Who else is still going?

After a 3 month deployment (oct-jan) to the middle east without any grog, I think I have done enough non drinking this year :)

Took February and November off in 2010 - looking at May for 2011, could easily extend into June for a two month run then!

Or is that just crazy talk!?!

I'll do May if anyone else is interested (got to have a support group). Gives me a few moths to think about it.

I usually poo-poo this sort of thing and concetrate on implementing a sustainable, regular, healthy pattern, but chucking in 4 weeks off can only be a good thing in conjunction with the regualr pattern I suppose.

I might go Dry July this year.

As well as the health benefits you also raise money for something or other.

I can't remember who, I've been drinking beer. :D

Im going to give it a go but I think im going to give my self a couple of "hall passes" to allow me to have 2 beers at two social occasions that I have to attend this month.

Yeap, Im in...
Mainly for health reasons.. I now have a ongoing back problem ( Osteoarthritis of the Spine). This now has to be managed..
I will still be brewing... seems a good excuse to get some Dark Ales in the bottle for Winter, I might have a go at a Imperial Stout.
Best of luck everyone.
Cheers

Was considering it, but have superbowl boozeup which I am supply beer for at a mates place, and you can't play cricket and not have a beer after!

Good luck to those that take on the challenge.

Certainly been cutting out most weeknight beers generally of late though.

Last year I did "dry July" and "no beer November" (both SWMBO's idea). I think I had March off as well. I did cheat a bit in November though, with Tassie Beerfest, and my new kegging setup...
Apart from appeasing the wife, it seems to do the liver some good, and is a great way to restock the keezer. By early December I had almost 200 litres of beer ready to drink, and another 60 litres fermenting.

She hasn't mentioned dry February for a while, so I won't remind her. Most likely dry July again this year though.

Like many others, I've given it ago in the past. February 2010 was the longest 28 days of my life. I felt much better physically at the end of the month, however mentally I was kaput. One thing it did however, was make me need a mid-week drink less and enjoy the Friday night beer more.

Good luck to those that'll give it a try in 2012. Stay strong.

I attempting three months this year, Aus Day to Anzac Day. Need to lose a few kegs and I think it'll just be all round good for my health. Giving myself two "jokers" but going to try and not use them. There will be one used on a weekend fishing pissfest and I'll try and be as strong as I can and not use the other one unless it's a matter of supreme importance.

It'll be interesting to see how I go. I got off it for 6 weeks about 5 years ago and did it easy but this one will be like running a marathon I think. Also if I do do it, it'll be an interesting performance on Anzac Day with no piss fitness to speak of. Faaaark, I'll be lucky to make the march.

Latest posts

Back