February It Is

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to Grumpy's tomorrow night with a mate - there goes my dry month. Oh well three days is pretty good.

Hows everyone going so far?
I had my one night - that I had planned for - mates 40th.
Other than that, not one drop of alcohol.
Its tougher each year....

I find Sunday afternoons the hardest.
A few beers while I prepped dinner and some additional food to make things easier during the week are just part of my routine.

Buying an indulgence for the homebrew club meet next week though :)

And don't get me started on my first ever non-drinking brewday...

I'm finding this month harder than other years. ;)

I will be cheating as we have the last BJCP class, plus the exam next Sunday. Of course, I'll only be tasting samples. :icon_cheers:

doing good! havnt caved in yet.

im fine at home but put me in a social situation and im finding it hard.

caved in on the no ciggies tho :( no carbs and no grog is hard enough.

have lost 5KG's and 6cm's off the beer gut though which spurs me on.

next year i'll do dry july not feb, febuary is summer, crickets on, heaps of bbq's etc. think it would be easier when its not so warm.

edit - been brewing like mad too! 4 kegs ready for a smashing come March 1st.

doing good! havnt caved in yet.

im fine at home but put me in a social situation and im finding it hard.

caved in on the no ciggies tho :( no carbs and no grog is hard enough.

have lost 5KG's and 6cm's off the beer gut though which spurs me on.

next year i'll do dry july not feb, febuary is summer, crickets on, heaps of bbq's etc. think it would be easier when its not so warm.

edit - been brewing like mad too! 4 kegs ready for a smashing come March 1st.

Ha yeah - feb does seem like a good month to be on it (the drink that is). I like it (I started this thread years back) coz I feel a bit flat after all the xmas parties, which start around 1 Dec, then Xmas itself, then NYE, then Aust Day - I'm about ready to stay off the beer for a bit anyway.
So by going to dry July next year - you've given yourself about 16-17 months without a break - nice.

this is my first month off since i was about 18 years old (now 33) so 16-17 month pales in comparison ;)

Woohoo! We're on the down hill run now boys. I've even booked a session at MP brewery with a work mate who's off the grog as well. Friday 2nd March, it may get ugly.

What happened to the thread about not wanking during Feb? I'm still going strong!

If anyone is interested, I've been keeping a blog on this website about my Febfast experience (that's not drinking for February - there's no way I could do the no wanking thing). I reckon some of you might relate to some of it. It's the first time I've gone without booze for more than a fortnight in about 20 years.

I haven't caved yet either, even at a mates 40th last Sat night (though it wasn't too hard when Tooheys New was the only beer).

This Feb is dragging on very slowly...I agree that dry July might be a better idea next year.

If anyone is interested, I've been keeping a blog on this website about my Febfast experience (that's not drinking for February - there's no way I could do the no wanking thing). I reckon some of you might relate to some of it. It's the first time I've gone without booze for more than a fortnight in about 20 years.
Interesting to see someone else's take on it. I'd be even more interested to see what you make of things next month (in the morning, perhaps?).

Best of luck with the rest of the month.

I stopped on the 28th of Jan so i could fire up for a mates engagement on the 25th of feb, so i won't quite hit a month.
but the longest i'll have had off the grog since i was probably 17. (29 now)

I Have brewed a beer and had the odd taste of the fermenting wort but wort aint a fking beer. Im not missing it as much as i thought i would, glad to break the cycle of smashing too many mid week beers and am hoping i get back on it ill have realised i can go without the midweek average beer from my local bottle I've had a million times and save those pennys to spend as cracker beers on the weekends.

It sounds good in theory but really I'm probably just setting myself up for a habit of binge drinking....

Hey whats the link?
(Ive just been married so no wanking for me 8)
tnd

Back