February It Is

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Circumstances are such that I haven't been able to have a beer since before Christmas and it looks like the situation will continue into April or May.

I'll say I'm in so I can pretend it is what I want.

Sounds a little more serious than my situation bum, hope things are ok mate.

And, I've got my bucks trip over the labour day long weekend so I'll more than make up for lost time then :beerbang:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but take into consideration it is a leap year. 29 days, not 28 :lol:

two better for me, im doing no grog, no ciggies and a no carb diet (gonna try to loose 10KG). day 1 today and all i can think is what have i done.! still havnt had a ciggie yet so stoked on that.

Don't do no carb, do no processed food.

Good lean meat (especially kangaroo, free range chook and fish/seafood), loads of fresh sald and minimally cooked green veges, heaps of fresh fruit etc. Things like potatoes etc OK.

Add exercise to that mix, keep it up and don't injure yourself and you should be on your way to healthy weight loss. Not that you're fat but you'll get fit as well. Does no ciggies mean no............?

Motivation to get fit needs to be there if you know what I mean.

I'm in for dry Feb as well for the 3rd year in a row. I generally lose about 8 kilos and its fun putting it back on.

This year I will probably do dry July as well

I'm doing Febfast this year, as is SWMBO and a couple of our friends. I am really hoping to get through the month dry.

Tried a few years ago but failed miserably. Should get a bit more support this time around though.

Made me realise I haven't gone more than a fortnight without booze for 20 years.

Don't do no carb, do no processed food.

Good lean meat (especially kangaroo, free range chook and fish/seafood), loads of fresh sald and minimally cooked green veges, heaps of fresh fruit etc. Things like potatoes etc OK.

Add exercise to that mix, keep it up and don't injure yourself and you should be on your way to healthy weight loss. Not that you're fat but you'll get fit as well. Does no ciggies mean no............?

Motivation to get fit needs to be there if you know what I mean.

good advice there cheers. your right im not fat but the beer gut was too much.

no .......? will depend on how im feeling. vapourizers are a great thing ;) but yea we'll see

no .......? will depend on how im feeling. vapourizers are a great thing ;) but yea we'll see

Feels like I'm smoking, nothing at all.... nothing at all... nothing at all.....

I'm in. Fifth year to do this. It's always hard in the first few days but then I find it a really good thing to do. Re-setting the alcohol tolerance and also just doing different things with your time.

I will have to take a couple of cheat days due to the BJCP course but I'll add on days at the end to make up for it. Of course, it is a long month anyway, so.... :rolleyes:

I normally have a break in June, cant understand why February is a good option?
Its hot n sticky, there is cricket on the TV, hanging out at the beach, girls walk around wearing not much, its when I need a beer most

Mike, for me it's a good time. Just had a good deal of drinking with holiday season festivities leading in to a number of birthdays. So it seems like a good time to de-tox to me.

Plus it's the shortest month! :lol:

Yay!, 37 hours so far - easy as...
I'll be in for this next year, almost seriously.

Back